Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New link to some 300 more Vindolanda tablet texts
Topic Started: Mar 19 2010, 08:18 PM (333 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Updated the Links list with http://vto2.csad.ox.ac.uk/. This site just went live yesterday, and what a find! It incorporates searchable texts (with background & discussion) from the original CSAD Web site as well as nearly 300 of the more recently-discovered texts. This is the first time these later texts have been made freely available for research. I've only taken a quick glance, but I'm really impressed with how easy it is to look through & sort the texts, and by the amount of background info. Surely an amazing resource for anybody studying life on the frontier!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Hrm, odd that. I see what you're saying -- when I open it in Internet Explorer I see the message. I've clicked some of the links using Internet Explorer and it does still seem to work. Maybe they're still polishing everything off? At any rate, for me it does seem to work using IE.

For what it's worth, I use Google Chrome as my browser, and it works flawlessly on that as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · News, Media, & Links · Next Topic »
Add Reply