Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2009 Area A recap online
Topic Started: Mar 22 2010, 08:39 PM (293 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
At long last, I've put together a two-page recap for the 2009 excavations in Area A: http://s9.zetaboards.com/We_Dig_Vindolanda/forum/3006285/. (And will be bringing Area B's recap live soon with any luck, and with apologies to Justin for never seeming to devote the time to Area B that it deserves. That will change, I promise.)

The images in the recap (with the exception of the aerial shot on Page 2) are all from WeDig'ers, as is most of the info. Many thanks again to all who took the time to send in photos & stories throughout the year -- including a very special thanks to MichaelH, whose records & descriptions have been bringing the dig to life for years now. It's because of your interest & enthusiasm that I get such a kick out of this part of the Web site!

Anyway, hope you enjoy. And as always, if there's things that don't square with your understanding -- or things that should be in there but were missed -- please let me know.

- Harry
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · News, Media, & Links · Next Topic »
Add Reply