Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Area B Team Photos 2010
Topic Started: Apr 17 2010, 10:55 AM (3,284 Views)
Malise McGuire
Malise McGuire
[ *  * ]
Badger.....

It depends upon your view of ....'anaerobically tasty' - the smell you probably could eat, its that strong! :D

Having had the dubious pleasure of doing the earth sample bags for Floatation purposes from part of Justin's patch - phew!- I honestly thought I had walked in something, the smell followed me about. Upon asking Justin what it might have been, his answer was very succinct, 'horse ....!' He amended it to 'anaerobic levels' and I corrected him and said he was right first time, horse .... was what it was.

I'm not looking forward to doing the rest of his earth sample bags........... :-/

Malise
PS
Floatation:
Finding those tiny items such as seeds, very small fish bones, pollen and etc which tell the rest of the story of what went on at that time and place. They get analysed by an expert - which isn't me (thank goodness).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2010 · Next Topic »
Add Reply