Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Area A" Team Photos 2010
Topic Started: Apr 24 2010, 03:42 PM (3,364 Views)
Malise McGuire
Malise McGuire
[ *  * ]
Aug 22-26

Note Kevin clutching his Congrats card from us - yes folks, he got the job of 'Learning Officer'! :D

Malise
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Week_22_26_Aug.jpg (318.22 KB)
Edited by Malise McGuire, Aug 28 2010, 02:26 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Malise McGuire
Malise McGuire
[ *  * ]
The last day before the MA students arrive next week.

This line-up will be in the new Eagle's Eye film because final filming took place this afternoon. Yes, including me, and no, I didn't take a bag of finds, bowl and brushes with me. Poor Jackie had to put up with 'helpful hints' from me for about 2 hours while she cleaned her drain, and then at the end, she found a whopping great pot lid!

It was very difficult to follow Andy's instructions and NOT look up at the helicopter - even the public were instructed not to wave at it, and from what I could see they were very well behaved :D

The team were a great crowd this week - hope we all meet up again next year, although Mike and I will be back to the usual 2 middle weeks in May while we think about moving up here permanently.

Malise
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 2_September_2010.jpg (256.8 KB)
Edited by Malise McGuire, Sep 2 2010, 04:16 PM.

Malise McGuire
Malise McGuire
[ *  * ]
I forgot to send along these pix last week of our nicely cleaned sink in the 'Club House' - it's a nice one of Kevin as well but he didn't actually do any of the cleaning <g>!

Dilys did all the hard work, and it is hard work because I've tried to clean it in the past but obviously didn't use the right bleach.

She cleaned the fridge as well, so a BIG THANK YOU from all of us.

Malise

Attached to this post:
Attachments: What_Dilys_did_to_the_sink_.jpg (377.35 KB)
Attachments: Dilys_and_Kevin.jpg (360.24 KB)

« Previous Topic · 2010 · Next Topic »
Add Reply