Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Milestone!
Topic Started: Aug 19 2010, 02:12 PM (619 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
No, not the Roman kind, but one that thrills me nonetheless.

Just now WeDig has hit its 500th member!

Posted Image

Thank you stewylawson -- and thanks to all WeDig'ers. It's coming up on the 4th anniversary since I first got it into my head to put this forum together! And I'm really pleased & grateful to all who have helped make it what it is.

- Harry
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sian
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
:D Woohoo Harry! And thanks for keeping it all going for 4 years! It's great to be able to keep an eye on what is going on, especially in the weeks after I've been digging because it all makes more sense then! Ta!

LilianJackson
[ *  * ]
Hey Harry!
That's fantastic news! THANK YOU so much for setting up and maintaining this forum, it's a great way to keep in touch and up to date with developments.

Best wishes, Lilian

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
A couple more neat facts. WeDig is now getting over 10,000 page hits per month. And when you type "Vindolanda" into Google, it is now in the top 10 results -- out of tens of thousands! Thanks again to all the staff, diggers, friends, and fans who have kept this site going and growing.

As this year's dig winds down, I'm going to try to take stock of what WeDid did -- and didn't -- do for its members. As always, your feedback on what worked, and what didn't, is most welcome. Not just welcome, encouraged. As are any thoughts for things that you'd like to see but aren't here yet. Feel free to post in the forums. Or if you'd rather stay anonymous, always feel free to PM me, or e-mail me at text_style@hotmail.com.

And if you had an experience at Vindolanda, or the region in general, that you'd like to share, please do so. Especially if you took a nice walk and can share pictures & the route. There is currently only one walk in the Digger's Guide, and I'd love to see that list grow.

Thanks again.

- Harry

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Although WeDig has been somewhat dormant of late, waiting for spring and waiting to see the promised upgrade of the "official" Vindolanda.com site; some recognition of another milestone is in order.

Welcome member 600!

Serious snow melt on the "colonial" side of the Atlantic, it has me rummaging around for my archeological kit.

Tim Wolter

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply