Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 2011 Excavation Season; The 2011 Excavation Season
Topic Started: Oct 20 2010, 04:07 AM (2,467 Views)
faith
[ *  * ]
I have been digging at Vindolanda for 5 years now, but didn't manage to get my requested 2 weeks this year; I am very disappointed, but happy to have been allocated even 1 of the requested weeks. However, like emjharding, I am concerned about how the choosing is done, and will be done in the future, especially if the demand continues to increase. Clearly LOTS of people manage to log on as soon as the web site goes live - but what are the criteria for choosing? Surely ' first come, first served' can't work with the deluge of applications you are getting. It would be nice to know what you are looking for - experienced vets? Student archaeologists ? New graduates? Enthusiastic amateurs?

One thing that might be considered with so many applications is to limit each applicant to a maximum of 2 weeks.
Edited by faith, Nov 5 2010, 05:57 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply