Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The 2011 Excavation Season; The 2011 Excavation Season
Topic Started: Oct 20 2010, 04:07 AM (2,470 Views)
archjsmith
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I got my first choice of weeks and it seems I was lucky, with a few of the people who have been coming to the dig with me for the last 5 years have got dates which do not even follow on from each other and are not with us. These people are now having to cancel and miss their chance to dig. I also may have to cancel as I am unsure I will be able to afford accommodation without all the people who I normally cottage share being able to come. I'm so upset by all of this as I love coming to Vindolanda every year, seeing all the familiar faces and feeling part of something as amazing as this.

I wander if there were limits on the number of experienced Vindolanda diggers allowed per week... would make sense with the learning centre and rules that must be linked to their funding that they would accept a lot of newbies.

Pleased Vindo is getting a huge deal of interest but VERY dissapointed that a group of diggers that have been coming every year for 5 years (some even longer) have to miss out on something they look forward too every year! Especially when we all booked around noon on the 1st.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply