Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Local Weather?
Topic Started: Dec 9 2010, 12:18 PM (473 Views)
HelenG
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
For want of any more local replies, I can report that the chap who is tiling my Mum's next-door-neighbour's bathroom says that his sister lives near Hexham, and the snow was thigh-deep there at the end of November/beginning of December. I'd love to see some pictures but I think the people who live in those parts have too much else to think about.

Even at my parents' house in Cleethorpes (East coast, halfway between Newcastle and that square shaped indentation called The Wash) there was more snow than I ever remember (10"). Not much by US standards I'm sure, but we considered ourselves "snowed in" and I didn't dare attempt to return to my own home in Nottingham (bang in the middle of England) until Sunday 3rd. The snow has almost all melted here now though.

Incidentally, that same tiler, when he last visited his sister, said that he happenend to be driving past Vindolanda when he saw a hedge on fire and stopped to extinguish it, so perhaps we should give him a big Thankyou.

Helen
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply