Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gearing up by looking back
Topic Started: Mar 16 2011, 10:25 AM (649 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Spring is in the air. Here in Maine the snow is finally melting and grass is showing. That means one thing: The digging season is almost here!

After many months in mothballs, I'll be trying to get We Dig Vindolanda ready for the '11 season over the next few weeks. As a start, I've just finished off a new Digger's Guide page: A Visual History of Excavations. It's a brief view of 200 years of archaeological discovery. Scroll your mouse and watch the site unfold from its earliest beginnings through the 2010 season.

This first version contains line-drawing plans of the site as visitors would have seen it at 25 points in history. If it's well-received, I'll extend the drawings to include photos of the archaeology, both as it is now, and at its moment of reveal. (The latter will rely heavily on the photo albums of all you WeDig'ers!)

Anyway, hats off to the entire Vindolanda Trust crew. All early word of the new museum, the video, etc. are that it's world-class, top-notch. I'm so excited to hear from WeDig'ers and see it all for myself!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · News, Media, & Links · Next Topic »
Add Reply