Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Justin Blake's official Vindolanda excavation Twitter feed

Unless otherwise noted, all plans below are unofficial interpretations only.
They are meant to help orient diggers & friends.
They are not designed to scale, nor to imply archaeological accuracy.

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Week 4
Topic Started: Apr 29 2011, 05:14 PM (505 Views)
Terry S
[ *  * ]
End of week 4 and another dry and pleasant week (although today - Friday - was a bit cooler, with a few minor spots of rain). Nice long north - south drain did not appear in our block or the next one (to the north), likely to have been robbed out. Grrr! A potentially very interesting architectural feature has emerged at the south end of the excavations, but I'll let Andrew tell you all about it. A very good find by Chris had Andrew salivating. Barrack rooms are more prominent now and further round houses have been worked on at the south end. Pauline will post some general photos soon.
Thank you to Dave from Prestatyn, Joyce from New Jersey (who appreciated our British humour) and especially Pete, (Rochdale's finest), who made me laugh a lot. Finds were few and far between, but chuckles were not.
A few biscuits are left and I believe Kevin has a secret stash.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Terry S
[ *  * ]
Hi Barbara! We've enjoyed posting the pix. A lot of people cannot make it this year due to the unprecedented demand for places, so we'll do our best to keep things up to date as far as possible.
We will be posting more photos later on, so fingers crossed for more blue skies!
And an altar or two ...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2011 · Next Topic »
Add Reply