Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vindolanda on TV; Nat Geographic
Topic Started: Oct 20 2011, 02:27 AM (429 Views)
Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
SHOWING TODAY IN THE U.S.A. – Oct. 20, 2011 - On Nat Geo Channel
A body is found beneath the floor of an army barracks in the north of England. At first they think it is a monkey. Then they realize it is a child, possibly bound with blunt force trauma to the head. It’s murder. And justice must be done. A homicide detective and forensic scientists are summoned to investigate. The only problem… the child died 1800 years ago. And the last words they said were probably in Latin.

MURDER IN THE ROMAN EMPIRE

8 pm – Thursday, Oct. 20 – National Geographic Channel

Also, 11 pm – Thursday, Oct. 20. (Conveniently after World Series Game #2)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/schedule/ngc/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
good stuff Tim,

You can let me know tomorrow whether or not to include the director - one Rick King - on my Christmas card list or not. In other words we have not seen this at Vindolanda yet, although with all drama-docs we wait with a certain amount resigned trepidation on how they handle the material and those that feature as well.

cheers,

Andy

Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
hmmph,

Can't account for editing! Oh dear. Some of the soldiers of the 4th cohort of Gauls may well have not been from within the Empire, but there is no way on earth i would say the whole unit, so not sure about that one. As for buttons? can't remember!

they filmed with us for about a week, a long week in terrible weather, then back again for a few days. good to hear you guys enjoyed it :-) The intense interviewing went on for 3 hours under a spotlight with the director, so they will have had plenty of things to splice together... so to speak. One day I would love to actually have proper editorial power, like we did on the Edge of Empire Film. Also I think this is why I can't actually watch these things myself.

best,

Andy
Edited by Andy, Oct 24 2011, 01:44 PM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply