Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vindolanda on TV; Nat Geographic
Topic Started: Oct 20 2011, 02:27 AM (420 Views)
Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Remember the time zones here in the states. 8pm eastern. 7 pm here in the midwest. etc, etc.

getting the popcorn ready.

T.Wolter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Yep, put him on the Christmas card list. Quite well done.

I detected only two errors, one by you!

There was an implication that the men of the 4th Cohort came from outside the empire.
And, someone expressed surprise that there were no buttons found in the burial. Roman buttons?

But a fine effort. I can tell you from experience that anyone can be edited into lookin' good, with about a 100:1 ratio of film shot to film shown.
So, Andy, how many weeks did you work with them? :D

Tim Wolter

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Andy, it was the narrator who had the gaffe about auxilliaries from outside the Empire.

As to the weather it looked rather balmy. No snow. Drab mud and grey skies.......just like May in Northubria!

Drop them an email they will surely send you a copy on CD.

Lots of Roman re enactors marching about. I rather thought they had borrowed from the Eagle Eye film. Guess that means it was of equal realism.

T.Wolter

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply