Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
consolidation pics; as of jan 18 2012
Topic Started: Jan 18 2012, 05:51 PM (696 Views)
sarcanon
[ *  * ]
Kevin: Those are awesome photos. Thanks so much for posting.

Less than four months until my shift. Pretty soon it will be time to start getting in shape by filling my wheel barrow with 150 lbs of rocks and soggy dirt and pushing it back forth across my yard 50 times a day.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

snowglobe
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Great photos Kev, will have to head up in late Febuary to see for myself.

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Amazing pictures! Thanks much for posting! Hard to believe how much was done in a year, was thrilled to be part of it in even a little way.

mooseandhobbes
[ *  * ]
Fantastic photos Kevin. Thanks for those.

It's amazing how different it all looks once you clear all those muddy diggers out of the way (cluttering the place up. Making it look untidy... :D )

Brinno
[ *  * ]
Kevin,

Thanks for posting; good to see the barrack room now it's finished, long after that week of redecoration that Ann, Sandy and I did.
For comparison, here's two pictures from May 2011, of the same barrack you photographed with IMG_0120.jpg.

Pierre
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Barrack1.jpg (1.87 MB)
Attachments: Barrack2.jpg (2.04 MB)

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Great photos, wel done as ever to Geoff and the other chap whose name I've forgotten (SORRY!) for soing such an excellent job.

lesandmax
[ *  * ]
A brilliant conservation job as always. Looking forward to revisiting it all in April and telling Kevin about our trip to La Graufesenque to see where the Samian pottery was made. Well worth a visit for all Wediggers.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: