Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
What to bring?; questions from a complete noob
Topic Started: Feb 10 2012, 08:48 AM (1,177 Views)
PhilN
[ *  * ]
Hi Helen & Michael

Great to hear from you both and thanks for the photos, they do indeed bring back great memories for me, the dig picture captures our team perfectly...me pointing and talking and you guys working! Our day out at Sunderland was unforgettable especially the pub crawl to get there and Mick I'll definitely take you up on the footie offer.

Its a shame you haven't been able to get onto subsequent digs, I've noticed its been getting more and more popular since 2009..... the secret seems to be well and truly out unfortunately. I haven't been back myself since then but I intend to try again as soon as I possibly can.

In the mean time heres a couple of photos that may bring back some good memories for you too. And Clare I hope you have as good a time there as I did.

Cheers Phil
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 167.jpg (1.71 MB)
Attachments: 168.jpg (1.67 MB)
Attachments: 214a.jpg (1.71 MB)
Edited by PhilN, May 13 2012, 06:45 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: