Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Justin Blake's official Vindolanda excavation Twitter feed

Unless otherwise noted, all plans below are unofficial interpretations only.
They are meant to help orient diggers & friends.
They are not designed to scale, nor to imply archaeological accuracy.

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Week 1
Topic Started: Apr 2 2012, 08:27 AM (1,811 Views)
Terry S
[ *  * ]
So pleased a day's dig was possible. Not particularly cold either, as my nifty grey shorts sufficed - I love getting my knees dirty. Next couple of days forecast not good, but Thursday and Friday drier.
Here's my patch, with other pix later in the week.
This year's T shirts are a dark-ish brown.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMG_1713_sm.jpg (731.88 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Terry S
[ *  * ]
A very enjoyable day, with visitors back in their usual numbers. The ground is drying out nicely - except the Site 3 trench, which is waterlogged and now abandoned for the time being.
More pictures arriving soon, and some with the added attraction of the diggers! Those pix were taken as the digging commenced this morning and are followed by others at day's end.
A lot of happy bunnies today!

Terry S
[ *  * ]
Day 5 with lots of cloud and drizzle and eventually rain. The BBC local network TV (Look North) turned up as everyone was leaving the site (!) and a few volunteers hastily returned to the trenches for "background" activity. Various diggers were interviewed, including an Italian lad (nice touch) and someone who wears shorts. For some reason, muddy legs seemed to fascinate the Beeb crew. They may, or may not, be broadcast. We think the piece will be aired on Monday (no time given).
Only half a dozen or so pix were taken as the conditions were not good. One of them shows Andy and Norman in conversation with the TV crew. Pix on their way.
Now handing over to week 2. Good luck with the weather and the digging.

Terry S
[ *  * ]
I think Andrew took the only group shot before everyone departed. Not the weather to hang around!

« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply