Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Heat; Sunstroke
Topic Started: May 27 2012, 06:08 AM (175 Views)
Mike C
[ *  * ]
Hi All.
Just back from my weeks dig. I had a brilliant week apart from getting sunstroke, (not sunburn), on Tuesday. Very bad overnight.
I've had problems like this all my life, so am well used to avoiding it. The problem was, I'd drunk gallons of water during the day but had neglected to take on enough salt.
So as well as your hat, high factor suncream & gallons of water don't forget to take salt. For the rest of the week I only ate salted crisps or salted peanuts at lunch time.
Please don't think because you're a sun worshipper you don't have to bother, even those, well used to sun worshipping, found it hard going.
Although a slow start on Wednesday, it didn't stop me digging.
Good luck & happy digging.
Mike C
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Wise words, never underestimate the power of the Northumberland sun! My theory is that as it doesn't shine that often up there it really tries extra hard to make up for it when it does!

My parents visited the site on Wednesday and said it was really hot, everybody looked like they were flagging!

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
And two weeks earlier I had wool socks and a stocking cap on....and was glad to have them B)
T.Wolter

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply