Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Justin Blake's official Vindolanda excavation Twitter feed

Unless otherwise noted, all plans below are unofficial interpretations only.
They are meant to help orient diggers & friends.
They are not designed to scale, nor to imply archaeological accuracy.

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Week 16; 16 July - 20 July
Topic Started: Jul 15 2012, 07:11 PM (1,347 Views)
Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I do peek at the forecast out of Hexham now and then. It does not seem to correlate all that well with Vindo, but the weather did not look beyond salvage....

Justin-T glad you have recovered your identity. Is it Justinian or his father Justin, or some other dignified chap?

T.Wolter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ah yes, Justin (or Iustin) was the uncle of Justinian. If you really need an image I have an interesting coin from Justin. It is appears to be one of the really small, thin gold coins (a tremissis I think) but is in fact a forgery with base metal peeking through. Nice image of Justin though...

Badger/T.Wolter

Sarcanon, thanks for the Bardon Mills tip. When we get around to tweaking WeDig in the off season we should add that as a button on the site. I hear we have a new admin who will crack the whip. The peasants groan....

T
Edited by Badger, Jul 18 2012, 06:14 PM.

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Carry on Nic

My take on the distance from trench to Twicey by foot. Yes, in the morning you have to walk to the Hedley end of things...but you are walking off that ridiculous breakfast! And at the end of the day, when ale beckons, you can just head out the west gate and save a few hundred yards.

T.Wolter

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply