Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Justin Blake's official Vindolanda excavation Twitter feed

Unless otherwise noted, all plans below are unofficial interpretations only.
They are meant to help orient diggers & friends.
They are not designed to scale, nor to imply archaeological accuracy.

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Week 17; 23rd - 27th July
Topic Started: Jul 23 2012, 01:36 AM (1,892 Views)
Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
NicC
Jul 23 2012, 12:40 PM
dateable finds in north field.
That's great! I knew I should have just skipped the return flight and stayed another week... B)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Thanks Nic. If you or anyone from the North Field can post a picture from there on Thurs or Fri, it would be much appreciated... Dying to see how/whether the ditches extend into the easterly half of the trench.

Maybe someone could ask Justin B to do another tweet & pic from there? He did some earlier in the season.

You may not be able to believe it, but I didn't eat a single Vindo ice-cream last week! :o

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
How do you find this stuff Harry?! Again, thanks for posting. I think one of the pots he's referring to was discovered just last week; in several pieces, but in an upright position and adjacent pieces stil next to each other. (The paper's photo editor should be shot for not correcting the exposure...)

Another piece of info in there is that the next Scheduled Monument Consent has come through, so the digging will continue! B)

As far as the oak leaf, it seems believable to me, oak leaves are pretty hardy as leaves go (just like the wood itself), and maybe it just blew in before someone slopped a pile of rubbish over it.

« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply