Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Justin Blake's official Vindolanda excavation Twitter feed

Unless otherwise noted, all plans below are unofficial interpretations only.
They are meant to help orient diggers & friends.
They are not designed to scale, nor to imply archaeological accuracy.

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Week 19; 6 Aug - 10 Aug
Topic Started: Aug 6 2012, 07:27 AM (1,099 Views)
Claire_M
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Hey Moosenhobbs. Good to hear there will be more updates - I've a dissertation to be distracted from and the dearth of posts doesn't help!

On camera...check what reviews say about the software it runs, reason being that unlike old-style cameras, after the shutter closes, the data that is captured gets processed more - it does fancy maths to fill in and work out the data to create an image, rather than being a simple record of how the light hit the film.

Other than that, I'd second the Panasonic Lumix series and prioritising the lens - have a friend who is a pro (Downton Abbey, Merlin, bits of Games of Thrones among his credits) and he basically rates Leica. He also says something I don't entirely understand about the fact that if the camera sensor is small, then all the megapixels in the world won't help as it can't capture the data (so you're back to software making it up). That's something that is really about camera phones though I think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Claire_M
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Sounds great - fingers x'd you can find a good deal. Have fun at Vauxhall - one this blasted thing is written up I am going to sign up for some foreshore stuff, looking forwards to it.

Post us lots of Vindolanda pics please!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2012 · Next Topic »
Add Reply