Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,766 Views)
Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Everything seemed very smooth for me, 8:04 (12:04 UK) and I was finished. Hopefully that will be fast enough! B)
Edited by Justin-T, Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Wow, I just checked the "Excavation only" link, nothing left at 8:12, and only 4 periods left on "Excavation & Stay". I guess the two-week minimum hasn't slowed anything down... :o

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Either that or it is screwed up as I have been trying since 12:00 - clicked a spot went to checkout and it said shopping basket empty. Since then I click excavate only and I get booking hedley centre accommodation only. Every time I try I get something different.

snowglobe
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Nothing seems to be left on the system when I looked! Boy that was fast!

potkin
[ *  * ]
Yup! Screwed up I think - been trying since 12:00 Can't get thru on phone either

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
23 minutes and everything appears to be gone...

alb'n'anny
[ *  * ]
Wow! That was manic!! But hopefully we got our places! :blink:

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
still in limbo. the system has a glitch that autofills the mailing address from the billing address. so any false keystroke gets copied there and cant be altered. so "my" weeks are in theory in the basket. maybe yes, maybe no.

TW

snowglobe
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Anyone heard they have a place?

Dougie
[ *  * ]
Hi,
I've been trying since 12.00 - no luck at all - I'm hoping it's glitch, and more spaces will come on line v.soon.
D

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Well, I cannot wait any longer - I MUST get back to work.

kaycham
[ *  * ]
Yes, here in Oz the cyberspace fliers were working quickly to the Antipodes. I received confirmation for Period 5 about 16 minutes after applications opened (excavation only). This came about 5 minutes after the Invoice, Order and Authorization numbers came through.
Regards
Kathryn.

PS - guess who is very happy!!

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
kaycham, are you saying you got the "thanks for your order" email as well as confirmation from Andy that you are accepted? I just got the confirmation that I had successfully bought the digging period.

When I click the link in that email I get a single line of text in the browser window, red bold text, saying "Error, file cannot be downloaded at this time".

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
JustinT

In my phone call to the Vindo folks there was mention of some difficulties being also experienced "by some of your compatriots". They are of course having a rather busy morning.

Badger

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I'm guessing there's no problem beyond the fact that the server has just got too many people trying to access content at the same time. I was refreshing my browser every 10 seconds or so from 5 minutes before UK noon, so I'm confident I got in there very close to the beginning. In terms of when my browser picked up the live links, I think it actually went online at 11:58 and 50 seconds. Roughly. :D

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: