Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,842 Views)
Rhona
[ *  * ]
I thought i'd been quick enough, got a screen with an order number but no "thanks for your order" email
Mind you I was typing so quickly I might have put a type in the email address....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

snowglobe
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
My hands were shaking trying to get the booking done in a hurry but looks promising for the 29th April, had an invoice then an automated welcome letter. Looking again tonight the link has an error message but hoping all is still sorted?

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I didn't think to try the link in the email until much later in the day, still showing the same error. I'm hoping for the best though, already booked some accommodation! Waiting for more formal confirmation before I pay $2100 for two transatlantic flights though. :X

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Similar dead link but I suspect all is well. In my case I have it on the verbal authority of Fiona Herself.

I always wait until after 1 Jan to book flights. It used to be that the fares dropped after the holidays. Nowadays not so much.

Badger

kaycham
[ *  * ]
Hi, Justin-T, yes I received an a reply from Fiona confirming my booking, it gives the usual details of times and parking etc. Looks pretty official to me. Sorry for the slow reply but it is just 7am Friday here, just woken up, 11 hours ahead of GMT here, so was up till late last night.
Hope all the glitches get sorted out, and everyone has a good day.
Regards,
Kathryn.

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Absolutely gutted, our internet went down on Tuesday and didn't get back online till 6 this evening (UK). I don't have internet access while I'm out and about at work through the day so that was my opportunity blown. There were only 2 potential slots I could've have done anyway due to working term-time as my holiday dates are not flexible. :(

Never mind, maybe next year... :'(

Cestrian
[ *  * ]
I applied at noon and had no problems except when I tried to complete it said it wanted the shipping information. Not sure what there is to ship but I said send by email. There was no auto completion of the addess which someone mentioned. My order went through but as yet I have not had an email confirming my place.

Alex
Member Avatar
Com'on you irons!
[ *  * ]
Sue, I know how you feel... I'm bloody P***ed O** big time, all the years I've been digging and did I get a place? Did I hell!!
Edited by Alex, Nov 1 2012, 04:13 PM.

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I am annoyed as well - I had a place but it disappeared before I could get to the check-out 10 seconds after clicking on it. That is bad. I think there was a similar problem last year or the year before but we were told that it was fixed. Oh well - saved myself a thousand squid unless a cancellation comes up.

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
As Harry, Pete and I ponder the role of WeDig I must admit that the plight of those who were not able to get a spot is much on my mind. Ideally we could provide a vicarious (or on site B a vicusius?) trip there. But it requires work and coordination with the Trust.

If among the Vindo faithful it becomes difficult to get a trowel into Roman dirt, how much more so for the other armchair diggers of the world.

It is something to think about.

I know on the Sunday before I dig there again be a general invite to the Twicey. And the traditional Royal Navy toast for Sunday is...

"Absent Friends".

Badger

Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Logged on at 1200 hrs from New Zealand (0100hrs Friday our time) and had no problem at all other than being asked for shipping instructions!!! What the heck is that for?? Told it to ship by email and all went well. Must be because I did it upside-down. Received emailed invoice at 7 minutes past the hour and it contained a link to the confirmation letter which worked a treat. No complaints from me (Mr Smug)

paulh
[ *  * ]
alas! missed out this year. I was convinced there would be no rush because I thought the commitment of 2 weeks would be too much for many. Looks like I was wrong. He who hesitates is lost!

maryb_10
[ *  * ]
I was just on the Vindolanda website, and it looks like some slots may have opened up. (w/Hedley Center stay) Wanted to let you all know.

http://www.vindolanda.com/excavations-with-accommodation

Cestrian
[ *  * ]
Not having had a confirmation email, which should have been sent automatically, I spoke to Fiona this afternoon and she has now sent it to me, so I can breathe easily again. Apparently all the slots went in 23 minutes. Some were made available today where people had not paid up within 24 hours but I think they have also gone. Harry are you starting 'Who's coming'? If so add me to period 7 (1-12 July). Let's hope we have drier summer than this year.

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Col. Sanders....
when you coming over? If that photo is at all accurate you might have the second best beard amongst the diggers cohort..
Badger

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply