Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,719 Views)
Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
Hi everyone,

For those who were trying to email me last week, I was on holiday with my kids, so I am now wading through the heartache, trauma and jubilation, and will respond to all as soon as I can in the next few days.

But I would like at this stage to say....

Welcome back to those of you who made it in this time, and for those who didn't don't despair, places do come up through the year (the reserve list does actually move), and for the first couple of days some places come back on to the system for various reasons. For instance, we processed an application for a gent, only then for his angry wife to call and cancel it, seems he was over-ruled after the event at home ........ there are other tales and no, no names will be named and shamed. but... as a consequence... his particular slot came back on the system. Also, some folks plopped a place into the shopping basket and then didn't go to the counter to check out. Those places will automatically come back on to the system after 24hours. I am not happy about it, places were supposed to come back on to the system after 1hour, not 24, so this will no doubt form a significant part of the usual post excavation application day post mortem back at base Vindolanda. All I can do is apologizes for that. Once you have selected a place from the shelf it is yours for 24hours to complete the form, so if you have the form open, don't rush it, fill it in properly in a calm and orderly fashion :-)

cheers,

Andy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
I think, to be honest, that whatever we do will irritate some folks and bar making sure that every single person gets a place who wants one I am on a hiding to nothing with this issue. However, we will keep it under constant review as I know it is a major issue. Perhaps we should run a lottery instead ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply