Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,731 Views)
NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Either that or it is screwed up as I have been trying since 12:00 - clicked a spot went to checkout and it said shopping basket empty. Since then I click excavate only and I get booking hedley centre accommodation only. Every time I try I get something different.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Well, I cannot wait any longer - I MUST get back to work.

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I am annoyed as well - I had a place but it disappeared before I could get to the check-out 10 seconds after clicking on it. That is bad. I think there was a similar problem last year or the year before but we were told that it was fixed. Oh well - saved myself a thousand squid unless a cancellation comes up.

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
OK - I went for it - Hedley Center so anyone staying that period (2) should bring their ear plugs!
Noticed this:
Quote:

If you have applied to join the 2012 excavation programme, your application is being processed and you will receive a confirmation within five days.

Note the 2012.
Other problem I had was it said I should supply first name and family name - scroll to top and, yup, they are there. The only other places for such info is if you are booking for 2 people and if you wish to subscribe. Well I have already subscribed but I filled those in anyway and it worked. Not very clear - and, frankly, a waste of time. Thank the brewery for auto-fill.

NicC
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Another option would be to make it some time on the first Saturday/Sunday of November although those that work those dayas have the same problem. Actually, there seems to be no problem as the places vanish "just like that".

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply