Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,771 Views)
Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
still in limbo. the system has a glitch that autofills the mailing address from the billing address. so any false keystroke gets copied there and cant be altered. so "my" weeks are in theory in the basket. maybe yes, maybe no.

TW
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
JustinT

In my phone call to the Vindo folks there was mention of some difficulties being also experienced "by some of your compatriots". They are of course having a rather busy morning.

Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Similar dead link but I suspect all is well. In my case I have it on the verbal authority of Fiona Herself.

I always wait until after 1 Jan to book flights. It used to be that the fares dropped after the holidays. Nowadays not so much.

Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
As Harry, Pete and I ponder the role of WeDig I must admit that the plight of those who were not able to get a spot is much on my mind. Ideally we could provide a vicarious (or on site B a vicusius?) trip there. But it requires work and coordination with the Trust.

If among the Vindo faithful it becomes difficult to get a trowel into Roman dirt, how much more so for the other armchair diggers of the world.

It is something to think about.

I know on the Sunday before I dig there again be a general invite to the Twicey. And the traditional Royal Navy toast for Sunday is...

"Absent Friends".

Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Col. Sanders....
when you coming over? If that photo is at all accurate you might have the second best beard amongst the diggers cohort..
Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Justin T

Drop an email to Fiona and she will clarify your status. If you got the invoice I assume you are ok. You and your son will have a time to remember..

Near as I can figure the glitches were and are somewhat US specific. Some issue with addresses that do not end in "shire" me suspects.

And having just checked I do note some Hedley Center/digging slots in the April/May range. I did this for a week last year, mostly as a way for my brother and his wife to get a chance to dig. (between the three of us we had two excavate only slots). Hedley has some pluses and minuses. But for cost and convenience it is very good. And if you are pining for the cozy atmosphere of the Twicey tap room, I can speak to Period 3 having a Vindolanda table there on a regular basis....just walk up the road.

Badger
Edited by Badger, Nov 2 2012, 11:42 AM.

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Did anyone try the new feature that allows you to sign up two people? This could work for the employment disadvantaged....

We would not presume any untoward relationships from such actions!

Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Justin T

Glad you and your son will be digging. It is important to recall that while Parent as a noun is timeless, Parenting as a verb is very fleeting. If he is 16 you have already done most of the heavy lifting. Trips with your young adult children are more of a victory lap.

Badger

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply