Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 applications; are underway
Topic Started: Nov 1 2012, 07:07 AM (2,841 Views)
Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Logged on at 1200 hrs from New Zealand (0100hrs Friday our time) and had no problem at all other than being asked for shipping instructions!!! What the heck is that for?? Told it to ship by email and all went well. Must be because I did it upside-down. Received emailed invoice at 7 minutes past the hour and it contained a link to the confirmation letter which worked a treat. No complaints from me (Mr Smug)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Badger, you say the nicest things!!! People will talk if you carry on like this. The beard will be in evidence during period 5 so keep a look out.

Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Andy, firstly how dare you go on holiday especially with your children!!! Secondly, you simply can't drop a juicy snippet of gossip like that without at least giving us all a HINT of who it was. How are we going to fill the long winter nights if we don't have something like that to get our teeth into?
Could be grounds for divorce methinks. See you in May, regards Col.

Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Andy/Cestrian, this could get really difficult as there are people logging on from the Southern hemisphere also E.G. New Zealand. We had to juggle things as the UK had just altered the clocks back to GMT and then stay up until 1am on the 2nd (11 hours in front here) to make the deadline. Europe will mostly be on their lunch break at 1pm so should not have a problem with the time of opening Especially our French/Italian friends whose lunch allegedly is 2-3 hours long!!! Seriously it will become a nightmare to organise things any other way and as Justin-T has said the Trust does not have the facilities of a huge IT department. It's not broke, don't fix it. Regards to all, Col

Col Sanders
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Cestrian, you must be wondering why I was addressing you in my last post. It's because i am an idiot and got you mixed up with Justin-T. Sorry. Col

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply