Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vindolanda blog; Dr Birley on YouTube
Topic Started: Dec 13 2012, 10:48 AM (919 Views)
sarcanon
[ *  * ]
Yes, indeed, this looks very promising, and is especially exciting for those of us further away who are unable to pop in to the site whenever we want. :-)

But I must be mis-reading the blog because I cannot reconcile the description of the area to be excavated that Andy mentions in the video (A1) with the A1 described in the summary of the SMC's objectives. The video shows the southeastern quadrant of the fort and is called area A1 in the narration, but in the SMC description, all the discussion of the fort's SE quadrant falls under A2, and the map on the blog also calls this Area A2. Perhaps these areas aren't meant to match up, i.e., the SMC objectives and excavation areas are not the same? Color me confused.

In any event, whatever they're called, I cannot wait to start digging. Well, actually, I think I might be prepared to wait for the snow and ice to melt.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply