Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Elsewhere in the Empire....
Topic Started: Mar 23 2013, 09:11 AM (461 Views)
Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I ran across THIS recently and immediately thought of our Amphora Scholar Kate and our Queen of Sherds Malise!

Badger
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Fiona

At least your pic is scenic! Here is a grim view from the Province of "Occidentia" last week: ICK

You seem to have the photo posting figured out, but if you prefer to have the image posted such that it appears without having to open a link, this is possible...

Be warm.

Badber

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
If I understand correctly, and with technology one must not be too sure, you need to use the Image button atop the box in which you type posts. It will ask you for a URL, which makes sense if you are one of the folks who saves photos to an online place like Cloud, Picassa, etc. If so you just cut and paste the link. Keep in mind that most photos from the usual digital camera are 2 to 3 megs of data and that makes an unwieldy image. It is better if you can resize it to around 300 kilobytes or so.

If this exceeds your technical level just email it to Snowglobe.

Badger

Badger
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Justin T

Yep. Open a jpeg with Paint. Click on resize. A standard digital camera shot of 2.5 gigs makes a nice 300kb or so if you change the 100% to about 30% and save. Experiment a little.

Badger

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply