Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weather conditions so far
Topic Started: Jun 4 2013, 09:18 AM (437 Views)
sarcanon
[ *  * ]
Claire_M
Jun 17 2013, 01:54 PM
Hmm, I bought a new waterproof jacket and a fleece, and new wellies today in the sale. Now wonder was that wrong. (Actually the wellies are only partly for Vindolanda)
Hi Claire.

I opted not to bring wellies for Session 4, and despite having a fair amount of rain (and hail!) and getting rained off one day completely, I never regretted not having them. Unlike last year, when rain was less an issue, there's no bottomless spring filling the trenches in the SE quadrant of the fort. However, I'm not so sanguine about the trenches in the North Field (which weren't yet opened when I was there), where water may be more of an issue.

Of course, I was packing for a international flight and four weeks away from home. My constraints will no doubt differ from your own.

In any event, I do hope you have nice dry weather. I wouldn't count on a writing tablet this season, though. :-)

- Scott
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sarcanon
[ *  * ]
Justin's Latest Tweet

Sunny blue skies!

And look how short the trip to the spoil heap is!

This new generation has it so easy.

What's next? Trench-side pedicures, spa treatments, and fruity cocktails with umbrellas?

Edited by sarcanon, Jun 19 2013, 11:31 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply