Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2014 details are out!
Topic Started: Sep 26 2013, 01:40 PM (443 Views)
Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Not sure when it went up, but the Trust website is now showing the details of 2014 excavations. You can read all about it there, but the quick summary is that its following the same plan as 2013, with 11 two-week periods, a one week break in the middle, and applications opening up online on November 1st at noon, UK time.

2014 Excavation details (Vindolanda Trust Site)
Edited by Justin-T, Sep 26 2013, 01:42 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Reading that blog post a little more carefully the other day, I noticed the following sentence:
Quote:

In 2014 the excavations are going to be slightly expanded, taking more people than 2013 as we expand into different areas of the site.

The first part is very nice to hear, but I'm also intrigued by the second part; I'm wondering if this means that 2014 will see work starting on area A3, in the vicus, looking for the period IV headquarters and granary?
Edited by Justin-T, Oct 9 2013, 10:54 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply