Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hiatus; Fond remembrance of 7 great years
Topic Started: Oct 17 2013, 12:04 PM (1,506 Views)
Brinno
[ *  * ]
Thanks Harry, Tim and Pete for your good work! Many a time I looked on WeDig to see if there was news. It helped me through the long days between the excavations. I felt that the coverage of the goings on, improved each year, with photo's, maps, backgrounds. And, some of the feeling of connectness I have experienced with other excavators at Vindolanda is also present on WeDig. Not artificial, but spontaneous and unconstrained. I do hope that while WeDig turns into a dead language, some of that charm lives on. As for the question how modern a medium should be, the irony is that the most "primitive" ones, like clay and wooden writing tablets last a lot longer then the ones that we use today.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Add Reply