WE WANT A FAIR GO FOR OUR AREA, MORE OPPORTUNITIES AND MORE THAN 4 NRL GAMES AT CAMPBELLTOWN STADIUM
| Group 6 - Season 2011 | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Nov 5 2010, 09:46 AM (134,572 Views) | |
| tc6_11 | Nov 12 2010, 04:46 PM Post #41 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Yeah they managed them real well. Group 6 never recieved anything from wests in regards to points until semi finals. City didn't even make the semi's, so like it mattered |
![]() |
|
| disco stu | Nov 16 2010, 08:45 AM Post #42 |
![]()
Country Origin
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
We did not poach clubs, says Group 6 http://macarthur-chronicle-campbelltown.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/we-did-not-poach-clubs-says-group-6/ COUNTRY Rugby League’s Group 6 has opened a can of worms by voting to accept the applications of two Western Suburbs district clubs to play in its senior competition next year. At its annual meeting last Monday, the Group 6 membership voted almost unanimously in a secret ballot to allow Kangaroos City Kangaroos and Campbelltown Eagles to join Group 6 in 2011. The clubs’ split from Wests follows the decision by Group 6 to withdraw from the combined seniors competition with Wests after two years and go back to a stand-alone competition. Group 6 seniors chairman Graham Andrews said the Kangaroos and Eagles both had adhered to protocol in applying for affiliation with Group 6. “At the end of our AGM they presented short presentations on why they should become members,” he said. “It was a very emotive case from one of the clubs and good reasons why they should be allowed to do it.” Andrews denied Group 6 had poached the clubs. “That is not the case. They came to us and were quite desperate to play with us,” he said. Andrews said that in the past three or four years there was no competition in the Campbelltown area that could cater for the strength of the Kangaroos or Eagles. Wests chairman Wayne Hardy-Smith suggested the road ahead for the defecting clubs would not be so easy. “NSW Rugby League and Country Rugby League have stated in writing they will not let the clubs go to Group 6. Simple as that,” he said. He emphasised it was Group 6 that had approached Wests at the end of 2008 about the possibility of a joint competition. “They were concerned about the viability of their competition,” he said. “During 2009/10, Wests added 30 sides to that joint competition. If you want your own competition, good luck, but don’t steal our clubs.” Hardy-Smith said nominations for the 2011 Wests A grade competition closed on Friday. “We have had 13 or 14 nominations,” he said. “My concern is what happens to the players from the Kangaroos and Eagles when they aren’t allowed to play (in Group 6) next season.” |
![]() |
|
| Highlander | Nov 17 2010, 07:23 PM Post #43 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Group 6 votes to accept defectors -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- COUNTRY Rugby League's Group 6 voted during last week's annual general meeting to allow the inclusion of two Campbelltown clubs to their first grade competition next season.The clubs, who played under the banner of Western Suburbs District Junior League, have made moves to defect. The combined competition, hosted by Group 6 and Western Suburbs District Junior League was scrapped during a vote last month. Group 6 secretary Warren Horsfield said the clubs, to be known as Campbelltown Eagles and Campbelltown Kangaroos, would help create an exciting 10 or 11-team first grade competition. "The Group voted to allow the two Campbelltown clubs to affiliate with Group 6, as long as Wests and NSW Rugby League give them clearance — it depends on that and it's up to those clubs to work that out now," Horsfield said. Horsfield said Warragamba might put a first grade side in the competition next season, too. "If the two Campbelltown clubs get clearance and Warragamba do come in, it would be an 11-team comp," he said. "That would create a bye but that's no great drama. "Ingleburn and All Saints won't be in our competition next year." Campbelltown City Kangaroos Rugby League Football Club (Seniors) spokesman Heath Attard said the club's first preference was for the combined competition to stay intact. "Our club was forced to make a difficult decision to split the senior and junior clubs," Attard said. "The Kangaroos club is a foundation club of Group 6 [1946] and previous to this, the Kangaroos played in various cup and challenge competitions against current Group 6 teams dating back to pre-World War I. "The legitimacy of our historical claim to affiliation with Group 6 is beyond dispute." Campbelltown City Kangaroos Junior Rugby League Football Club will field under-6 to under-16 teams in that competition next season in the Western Suburbs District Junior Rugby League competition. Meantime, Campbelltown Eagles seniors vowed to fight "all the way" to remain aligned with the Group 6 competition. A Campbelltown Eagles seniors committee spokesman said the committee agreed, "it's all or nothing, we need our club in Group 6 to survive, many players have stated playing in West's Juniors A Grade comp will not give our club or players any competition". |
![]() |
|
| Blue Devil | Dec 2 2010, 10:01 PM Post #44 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I hear the Warragamba Wombats will field a 1st and Reserve Grade team for 2011 making it a 11 team competition, Well Done Wombats! Kangaroos and Eagles also receiving some very good news, looking forward to a fantastic year! Eagles already signing a large number of players from the 2010 squad, Michael Stevens, Jacob Morgan, Chris Standing, Jarryd Eggleton, Ben Jankowski, Junior Tavaali, Uati Isaako, Leigh middlemiss, Josh Slatter and a new addition returning from Tweed Heads, Local junior Stephen Harding. The Eagles will be strong for 2011. Edited by Blue Devil, Dec 2 2010, 10:02 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| disco stu | Dec 3 2010, 02:24 PM Post #45 |
![]()
Country Origin
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Is this in relation to both clubs affiliation to CRL? Blue devil , what will happen to your bundy cup players should easts not field a team in bundy cup next year ? With the points system in place i couldnt see these players plus your squad from this year fit under the allocated points from group 6. With Warragamba wanting to field 2 grades now how will the 3rd grade comp be shaping up now they wont be participating ? Will Easts & City be fielding 3rd grade sides also ?? Highlander will Bowral be following Warragamba's lead and field a 1st & regis side also ?? ,considering they had 2 sides at season start this year it could be an opportunity? |
![]() |
|
| Highlander | Dec 4 2010, 12:25 AM Post #46 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
STU TBH Bowral are not in the position to field 2 teams next year!! last year was good for us as we ran at a profit but we cannot pay players as we have a clubhouse that the club would rather upgrade than hand it over to players most of which would be from other clubs and out of district. 2014 is a date ive heard to get the club running back up. But not all is bad YOUNG talented players like Dom pringle, Josh Wilson and Shane Myers have re signed and old heads Adam Sargood,Mark Whatman have given the club one more year so the club is on the improve Plus sponsorship is up this year which is a GREAT and unexpected plus for us. But if 10 plus players turned up from looking for a game and were of standard we would love nothing more than running out 1sts and res at community and Mitta being hated once again
|
![]() |
|
| Blue Devil | Dec 4 2010, 07:43 AM Post #47 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Its hard to say what is happening with the Bundy Cup, with Penrith Brothers pulling out and rumours of no teams coming in, we just dont know, next Bundy meeting is on the 14th of December. With our signings, we are very cautious about the point system, we will progress to sign as many local juniors as possible, if it comes to Bundaberg Cup players getting signed for 1st Grade, we will chase our juniors like Amano Tovio, Dayne Craig, Inno Innesio, Tyrone Falugia, The Eagles and Kangaroos are also looking to Field 3rd grade teams in the group 6 competition, this should help bolster and support the 3rd grade competition. |
![]() |
|
| Highlander | Dec 4 2010, 10:19 AM Post #48 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
honestly players at Bowral hope there is no third grade as our boys would rather Reserves playing the old darby games against there Mates and family members. Also draws big crowds aswell No offence but Easts or Mt annan at Loseby is no where near as lucrative as Mitta or mossy. But!! in saying that 3rd grade aslong as used as a stepping stone makes sense to keep the comps even. I heard Appin could be jumping up aswell i think with there success in short time it would be good for Rugby league as AFL a fews years back were trying to make inroads in that area. Also Devil just signing local jnrs mate i take my hat off to your club its good to see that community based feel still alive not just winning!! Edited by Highlander, Dec 4 2010, 10:21 AM.
|
![]() |
|
| disco stu | Dec 6 2010, 09:09 AM Post #49 |
![]()
Country Origin
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Lowe leads The Oaks BY SEAN CUNNINGHAM http://www.wollondillyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/rugby-league/lowe-leads-the-oaks/2013084.aspx ![]() MARK Lowe will return to lead The Oaks' first-grade team as coach next year and plans to improve on last season's Group 6 Country Rugby League achievements. A handful of first-graders have left the club but Lowe plans to rectify the situation and strengthen the squad in readiness for the Group 6 rugby league competition. The team's biggest loss will be last season's best-and-fairest award-winner Pat Gibson, who's moving on due to work commitments and injury. Lowe said most of last season's first-grade team would return for another crack at the premiership. "We have agreed to terms with a very good front-rower whom we're expecting big things from," Lowe said. "We're also in talks with a halfback, two outside backs and a back-rower and hope to have some signings in the next fortnight." Preparations for next season will start as early as January 19 to give the team plenty of time to gel. The Group 6 preseason competition and the Kiama nine-a-side competition will be pipe-openers for the team. The Oaks will have to place in the top five next season to replicate last season's play-off berth. Lowe believes last year's team did not reach its potential, partly due to the many recruits who joined the club after the season had started. "Although last year was a good achievement with all three sides making the semis [the only group 6 club to do so] it was disappointing to be knocked out straight away," he said. "Several of our first-graders only came to the club in May and June which left little time for them to gel with the team. "By having our team settled by Christmas and with a full preseason together we'll have no excuses next year." Lowe is looking to club stalwarts Michael Pes and Glen Davies to lead by example and he noted that young locals Christian Nahlous and Ben Scanbury "will return bigger and better". Based on their performances last season not many clubs will be treating The Oaks lightly in this year's competition. "Although we won't be a surprise package to teams next year I truly believe we'll be there come semi-final time." |
![]() |
|
| Blue Devil | Dec 8 2010, 12:35 AM Post #50 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
What a great first up training session for the Eagles, 46 senior players turning up, Coaching staff, Barnsy and Hazo as 1st Grade coach's, Damien Kennedy Reserve Grade and Pottsy as 3rd Grade, Wayde Dunley, Michael Stevens, Jarryd Eggleton, Junior Tavaali , Leigh Middlemiss, Shaun Macadam, Stephen Harding, Jacob Morgan, Ben Jankowski, Chris Standing, Uati Isaako, all signing up, more signings to come in the next few weeks, 3 Minto players, 2 Collies, and a few out of area, Majority Eagles players! Kangaroos also having a big turnout with over 35 players, great effort with no advertising as yet! All players looking forward to life in G6 |
![]() |
|
| tc6_11 | Dec 9 2010, 07:18 AM Post #51 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Out of curiosity, if there is no JBC, does Easts plan to retain these players? and if so how do you envisage keeping the club under the points cap? |
![]() |
|
| Blue Devil | Dec 9 2010, 11:54 AM Post #52 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
We intend to play under the point system, if there is no BC we will keep local juniors and 1 or 2 BC players that won't put us over the point system, we are happy to be in G6 and don't want to jeopardize it in any way, we have signed mostly 1st graders at the moment! |
![]() |
|
| Longy | Dec 9 2010, 05:32 PM Post #53 |
|
Ball Boy
![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Hows it going guys This is my first post, i have no connection with any team but i do follow the comp very closely. One topic that hasnt been brought up is the separation of the referee associations i feel the level of refereeing did go up over the last 2 yrs but now the merger is no longer i have great doubts for the quality of referees we have in group 6. With the wests association going back to referee there A grade comp i feel sorry for those guys cause the level of competition will have no comparsion to the group 6 comp. There was talk group 6 were going to poach the top 3 or 4 wests referees but the wests refs rejected there offer. The quality of the comp next yr will be amazing i just hope we have the referees to cover the games and also they are at a quality to control a first grade fixture. Time will tell as the last two grand finals were refereed by wests referees and i feel they did a terrific job in those two games. I look forward to hearing your opinions |
![]() |
|
| Highlander | Dec 9 2010, 08:56 PM Post #54 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Well ive been told 3rd Grade will be on Satdays due to ref shortage. This for us is a good as most of our boys prefer the satday game then go out for the nite. |
![]() |
|
| storm4lyfe | Dec 10 2010, 09:22 PM Post #55 |
|
Bundy Cup
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Blue devil, i heard that you were going to be Reggies coach for season 2011, what happened to that? Also how will the reserve grade go without one of their star players????? |
![]() |
|
| Blue Devil | Dec 11 2010, 08:57 AM Post #56 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I will be assisting Damien Kennedy, with the goal of breeding players to 1st Grade, will still hope our star player returns for 2011, I think he is too young to retire! |
![]() |
|
| DevelopmentCoach | Dec 11 2010, 11:42 AM Post #57 |
|
Harold Matthews
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I heard a rumour that City have been pulled back into the Wests comp for 2011, on threat of their junior club losing its association. Anyone heard something similar? It would be a tragedy if its true |
![]() |
|
| Highlander | Dec 11 2010, 04:50 PM Post #58 |
|
NRL
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Jnrs could always come and play in group 6 lol 8 30am at Robertson would be a good one lol |
![]() |
|
| storm4lyfe | Dec 12 2010, 08:47 AM Post #59 |
|
Bundy Cup
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
no thanks. My nephews played for Thilmere and when they were U/6's it was 7am games at robertson in the middle of winter. Never went down there. It was cold enough out at Thilmere to watch them. |
![]() |
|
| storm4lyfe | Dec 12 2010, 08:50 AM Post #60 |
|
Bundy Cup
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Will have to see what happens with work. Its kinda hard when i go away on trips. Will see what happens in the new year. If not will probably come on as a waterboy. Then again might actually get to start a game in reggies. Started 2 games in 2 years under the last coach. At least this year got a run in 1st. |
![]() |
|
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · CRL Group 6 · Next Topic » |




![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)



and old heads Adam Sargood,Mark Whatman have given the club one more year so the club is on the improve Plus sponsorship is up this year which is a GREAT and unexpected plus for us.

5:11 AM Jul 12
