Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Happy Thankgiving; Wishing a happy Thanksgiving to all
Topic Started: Nov 22 2007, 04:49 PM (1,536 Views)
Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
Happy Thanksgiving peeps. Enjoy some turkey, mashed potatos, and other yummy festive foods!
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!!! ;) ^_^ :) :)'
My Viewpoints

"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

coinilius
Member Avatar
Pickled in time, like gherkins in a jar
Hope you had a good time with Thanksgiving... I think people who celebrate Thanksgiving are actually in the minority around these parts, though :D
"You must be talking about Heaven... or the moon."

"It's a dog eat dog world... and there's not enough dog to go around."

Posted Image

Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
Oh probably... but I still thought I'd say it. Since I know we have an American, and a Tre running around here.
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
THREAD BUMP!! :stalfos: :arr: :cthulhu:

HAPPY ALMOST-THANKSGIVING!!
My Viewpoints

"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
Wow, a day before the big event, & no-one else has freshened up this thread... -_-
My Viewpoints

Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
That... might be due to the majority of people here not being Americans... and thus, they don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
I live in Canada, and here Thanksgiving is celebrated at the same time as Columbus Day in the United States. In other words, more than a month ago.

Mmm... turkey... :)'

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers

coinilius
Member Avatar
Yeah, I'm from Australia so Thanksgiving is completely meaningless to me but I hope those of you who do celebrate it had a good time. On a completely coincidental note I did have a turkey and cranberry sandwich today for lunch...

Posted Image

Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
Yeah, The Canadians celebrated on 10th October this year...

Anyway, might as well make Pic feel better, and wish the Americans a Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey, and watch some tele or something.

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
Terra Branford,Nov 24 2011
09:01 PM
Yeah, The Canadians celebrated on 10th October this year...

Anyway, might as well make Pic feel better, and wish the Americans a Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey, and watch some tele or something.

Thanks guys!! ^_^

FYI, I'm a vegeterian nowadays!! :D
My Viewpoints

coinilius
Member Avatar
Out of curiosity, what did you do for a vegetarian thanksgiving (if you don't mind me asking)?

Posted Image

Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
I'm curious about that, too... did you have "Tof-urky"? I couldn't be a vegeterian... I love bacon too much, and the whole subset of: "You also can't eat ANY food that is produced by a living creature, either!" of the ultra-super-vegans would mean no milk (so no real icecream), no eggs (for obvious reasons), which in turn means NO CAKE! So that kills off some of my favorite foods, even though nothing has to ~die~ to produce the ingredients required to make it.

So... yeah... forget that noise. I'll be a horrible monster, and eat meat.

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Where'd that Princess go?
Admin
Human beings are omnivores.
Posted Image

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
@Tre: First off, there are a LOT OF MILK SUBSTITUTES, (soy, rice, oat, hemp), but I haven't made those a staple of my diet, (at least not as of yet), & I really don't see a problem with eating eggs, (seeing as they are already sterile to begin with), also as to whether I ate Tofurky, YES!!

@Serkol: WHAT WAS THAT?! (NOTE: I know what an omnivore is, just not sure what you meant by saying that)...

@Coin: Just to let you know, I don't oppose hunting/farming animals, so long as you don't kill off an entire population, (or even worse, a species), & do it SOELY FOR SURVIVAL, but I do see a problem with killing off entire species/populations merely for the sake of eating them...

& although I believe that plants have conciousness as well, most species of that kingdom can regrow their body parts to a far more significant amount than most of the animals can, so as long as we don't take the WHOLE PLANT, (whenever possible), & as long as they can grow back, I see no problem with that...

EDIT: & when animals kill each other for meat, they at least usually kill off the weakest/oldest individuals in the group, so it seems to me that they restpect the other creatures more than most of US DO!! :D
My Viewpoints

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Generic Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply