Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Found something quite interesting
Topic Started: Dec 2 2008, 06:51 PM (8,989 Views)
aeroforce325
Guardian Spirit
Today I've been browsing through a couple website forums and stumbled across a unreleased famicom game that went for $4,213 dollars in japan...But that's not where i'm going with this. The said game was on kotaku at the link below:

http://kotaku.com/5100263/this-konami-fami...-expensive-rare

Now on that very same page they have a link to japanese site that lists unreleased games for the famicom. Among them is a version of Legend of Zelda called "CHARUMERA RAMEN version of The Legend of Zelda", which can be seen on the following link below at about the 15th or 16th entry. Now I thought at first it was just a copy of Legend of Zelda game given away by some ramen company in japan, but the google translation saying version of is making me wonder exactly what could be so different about this particular Legend of Zelda to be called another version? Also the fact that this is unreleased as opposed to the original.

Anyway I thought you all would be interested so here is the link with translation from google web browser:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...F-8&sl=ja&tl=en

The big thing I wonder about this is if there is a rom dump somewhere if it is indeed a completely different version of Legend of Zelda?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aeroforce325
Guardian Spirit
Did a quick search for info on this and apparantly google turned up absolutely nothing on it. Not sure where info would exist on this version of the game, but apparantly using search engines may not be very useful at all.

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Where'd that Princess go?
Admin
I guess it'll be about as different as All Night Nippon Bros was from Super Mario Bros (incidentally also listed on that page).
...darn that photo sucks. No artwork to be seen.

But anyway, thanks for bringing this up :)
Posted Image

MasterOfPuppets
Member Avatar
Oracle
Here's a site w/some info on it, at the very bottom.

http://hirobee.oops.jp/famikontalk/rinknobo.htm

Here's the game's name in Japanese, it gives a lot more results.

ゼルダの伝説 チャルメラバージョン
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoRepairs

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Admin
Photos of AoL? But isn't that LoZ's label on the disk..?
Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Well, if you ask me, I guess this is no new Zelda game. Eventually a hack... there's rarely a chance to discover new zelda games, though not impossible (wehn you remember Map2).

A guy mailed me because he was confused of all the bszelda hacks existing:
http://doperoms.com/search.php?s=BS+Zelda&method=ROM+Search

when all hacks of a rom get different names, it's just confusing, difficult and this results in rumors...

Posted Image

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Admin
No Con, if this is similar to All Night Nippon Bros, this can't properly be called an hack. It would likely look like one, with Link collecting ramen bowls instead of keys or something equally silly, but it was actually released in limited quantities by Nintendo as some kind of promotion.
Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
What is your opinion about this "CHARUMERA RAMEN " then?

Posted Image

KiddoCabbusses
Member Avatar
The overly enthused BS-X nerd.
On the note of confusion about BS Zelda hacks, I think we might need to try to have a sort of database of all the old hacks. Roto, bumpus, Duke, Con's hacks, the "initial hacked ROM release", "Las Adventuras De Pikachu" (As horrible as that is), etc. with details on them, how they do the hacks they do, compatibility with MAP2's ROM, emulators, ROM Copiers, etc.

We should also make sure the good sets only have the "most recent" versions of each hack, so as not to have too much confusion over those.

And of course the "Good" BS Zelda Map 1 Week 3 ROM dump should be there. the Map 2 ROM as well, although I really wish the "original" dump was going around... at least take out the timer/music/wait sign hacks so it runs more "standard BS-X" style on SNESGT...? hm..

aeroforce325
Guardian Spirit
Well I'm back from work and took a look at some images. Apparantly the labeling on this version of LoZ is somewhat different from the Nintendo labeling on the famicom disks. I located both variants via google and the change in labeling would indicate a different, and i guess modified version of LoZ. Cant really tell as I have no clue what the japanese writing means on it, but it is different from the original. Both pics are linked to below.

original LoZ famicom disk and labeling:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Fa..._Zelda_Disk.png

Charumera Ramen Version LoZ famicom disk and labeling:
http://park19.wakwak.com/~fantasy/upload/zelda_cha.jpg

Note that on the Charumera version you may have to save the pic and use a pic viewing program to zoom in on the label a bit better. Apparantly this is the only other pic of this game as far as the disk goes....Or any of it.

EDIT: Now that I think about it Con didnt you find someone who could translate japanese for the BS LoZ videos among others? Perhaps you could ask them to take a look at the Charumera Ramen Version LoZ famicom disk real quick, and see if they can make out anything on the labeling indicating a possible difference?

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
@ Kiddo:
I think we have all patches and original roms at the files pages described quite good. Though, we should upload "Las Adventuras De Pikachu"...

@aeroforce325
I asked Hiei- at

http://z9.invisionfree.com/bszelda/index.p...opic=827&st=75&

Posted Image

aeroforce325
Guardian Spirit
^^Awesome. All I can really tell is that the main game title has been shrunk and hyrule adventure was removed. Then there's also the omission of Side A on the left hand side of the cart, and something else written on the right hand side, but it doesnt look like it says hyrule adventure. Looks more like japanese, but as I said before I cant exactly tell with the image being so small and zooming in so far starts distorting the image. Also the label is basically silver as opposed to having black borders on the top and bottom of the label. All this of course is on the cart label itself.

The packaging label I have no clue as to whether or not that will reveal something. Then the subsequent Yen pricing 35,800. Weird for a unreleased title to have a price on it. Hopefully Hiei can make heads or tails of it.

aeroforce325
Guardian Spirit
Duke Serkol,Dec 3 2008
02:11 AM
No Con, if this is similar to All Night Nippon Bros, this can't properly be called an hack. It would likely look like one, with Link collecting ramen bowls instead of keys or something equally silly, but it was actually released in limited quantities by Nintendo as some kind of promotion.

^^You know when I read that I got the funny feeling that if this is a different version then perhaps they replaced hearts with soup bowls, and perhaps heart containers dropped by bosses with a bigger bowl with label saying something in japanese along the lines of "Very Good For You!!!" or similar. And maybe certain dungeons that had lava traps instead have extremely hot bad for you kind of ramen colored in some fashion to represent that. Maybe there would be mere cosmetic changes to things along those lines?

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Admin
Sounds plausible... but it was Hyrule Fantasy, not Hyrule Adventure.
Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Maybe... *speculating* this was a special (limited) edition? I heard that there was a golden cartridge once planned for ocarina of time...

Edit: I tried to find the pikachu hack but wasn't successful. Can anybody grab this hack out?

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Legend of Zelda Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply