Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Master Quest broadcast run; Winner gets an entry in the hall of fame
Topic Started: Apr 11 2009, 05:18 AM (3,616 Views)
Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
So far bug fixes: please redownload:
- week4: results borders
- week2: boss music
- week2: house fix
- week 4: horrible bug! You must redownload if you have before this bug fix
- week 4 pits hurt
- week 3 book script changed
- week 1-4: 2nd results screen added to calculate the final score (rupees, deaths) automatically
- menu, result screen bug for some emulators (bsnes, snes9x 1.51) (and rh?) fixed, extra obstacle in week 4 magic cape room

it doesn't matter if you have already begun with the contest. Just replace your old smc files with the new ones... your progress is save in the srm file

Duke and I are more or less finished... I am exhausted with coding, he with playtesting. Here are the master quests:

http://www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mq1.zip
http://www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mq2.zip
http://www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mq3.zip
http://www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/mq4.zip

It features, next to all other patches like music
- harder indoors by Duke and Euclid
- harder bosses
- magic cape and book mudora found in chests
- menu
- RESULT SCREEN at the end of week 4

There is a run through the game as in the original broadcast...
The person with the highest score will get an entry in the hall of fame!

Send a screenshot with srm or foto of the result screen (if rh works) to my mail address, con.s@gmx.de

Begin is now; Deadline is Sunday, 19th April
The srm is necessary to avoid image cheating ;)

Digital foto if real hardware works replaces srm of course. Kiddo, please test by giving each week the same name and check if the progress is forwarded to further weeks.

The winner with the highest score is given on Monday, 20th April. Every week's score is given in the result screen and a total score calculated.
Every death costs 10.000 points (or less?). HC, tablets and so forth are automatically calculated to the score, but deaths not. Also I can't confirm that passing minutes costs scores as written in the walkthrough. Anybody, please check!

Please also check for bugs, if amount of HCs, rupees, deaths are displayed correctly both in the menu and result screen, scores are added correctly together and so forth. Furthermore, please also check if the bosses and indoors are harder and look for the magic cape and book of mudora. Bug report is welcome!!!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KiddoCabbusses
Member Avatar
The overly enthused BS-X nerd.
This sounds like an ambitious attempt. :D
How are we gonna simulate anything like the original broadcast?... is that audio ready yet?

As for SRM - if all else fails, I can save each of my SRMs and send them up.

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
No... no real audio yet, you must go conform with ALTTP music :)

Rules to participate are of course: no savestates, no cheats! You should be fair... maybe it is ok to just send a screenshot of week4 and I rely on the fairness of all players.
About the deaths substracts... is 10.000 too high? Better 5.000? I do not know how much scores you possibly can reach each week.

Posted Image

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Where'd that Princess go?
Admin
I was thinking... maybe partecipants could records movies in ZSNES as proof that no cheats or save states were used?

Or, if there was aresult screen for each week, players could be requesteed to send srm files for all four of them, as that would be harder to fake.

As for the cost of deaths... I dunno, I'll let those of us that researched the scores make their call on that (Kiddo, Garrett etc.)
Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Let's simply rely on nobody is cheating...
I give each death 10.000 points minus and each rupee 10 points +
This is not substracted and added automatically, so I'll make this manually with the result screen pics.

Begin is thus now
Deadline is Sunday, 19th April

please send the result screenshot (F1, zsnes) + week 4 srm to con.s@gmx.de

Please also check for bugs, if amount of HCs, rupees, deaths are displayed correctly both in the menu and result screen, scores are added correctly together and so forth. Furthermore, please also check if the bosses and indoors are harder and look for the magic cape and book of mudora. Bug report is welcome!!!

Posted Image

MasterOfPuppets
Member Avatar
Oracle
I noticed something while I was playing through the 1st week. If you pause the game and go to the map right before bombos starts, and leave the map screen, bombos will activate and the music will continue like normal........interesting.

Also, was the shield and shovel patch added to week 4? Was the Cape and Book patch set updated in the file section with these two new ones?
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoRepairs

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Oh, what do you mean, and what exactly are "bombos?

I made a very small graphical change to the result screen of week 4, nothing really big (changed the border color from green to red to point out a difference between former and the last week), so please download the 4th week again if you like (or not, doesn't really matter. :)

shovel and shield are inside. The cape is... difficult to get :P

Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Oh, Duke and I will also participate (but we won't resist on an entry in the hall of fame of course)... we are interested who can beat... us!

Anyway, here's the result screen of bszelda 1

Triforce, 1 could be the deaths, 811 is the number of rupees, 341... dunno. Can anybody translate the kanji?

Posted Image

MasterOfPuppets
Member Avatar
Oracle
By bombos I mean the red explodey thingies, also, there is no boss music for the 3rd boss (only tested this once).
Attached to this post:
Attachments: NDVD_000.png (93.5 KB)

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
ok, week 1 finished... I decided to give for each rupee +10 points and each death costs -10.000 points.

Damned. My stronger boss patch might interrupt with the music patch. I'll check.

Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Ok, fixed, please redownload week 2!

Posted Image

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Where'd that Princess go?
Admin
Con,Apr 12 2009
12:12 AM
we are interested who can beat... us!

...I don't remember saying that :huh:

:P

Did the stronger boss patch really conflict with the music patch? Oy...
Posted Image

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Only in this room... you see, normally I made a check for the dungeon entry and boss room and if both are yes, play boss music.
The problem with w3 boss 1 is that you enter his "room" by taking the stairs down (same problem is with the lamnolas, and here you have the reason why there is music in the preroom).

W3 boss is different than lamnolas, because you can leave the "room" by taking the stairs up, so I made a check when his life energy is loaded and set to 30, then play music.
Since the stronger boss has a life energy of 60, this broke the code. Now I made a check for life energy >30... to fix this bug.

This bombo thing isn't really important, or? :huh:

Posted Image

MasterOfPuppets
Member Avatar
Oracle
Dungeon 7 graphical bug, 1st room.

Week 4, when you start out, you have the mirror shield on start menu, but the lv 2 shield w/ gold coloring instead of red is the shown sprite. Undoubtedly because of my (requested) shield after week 4 end patch.

In the room w/ the heart piece right below the kid w/ the flute there is a graphical bug in week 4.

Fairy's Fountain above Lake Hylia has a graphical glitch in the room w/ 300 Rupies.

SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
This... is... epic!!! More love for AST! Can't wait to try these! :)

Are you going to make individual patches once the challenge is over?

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply