Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Happy Zelda-Ween!!; The gates to Hyrule are thin...
Topic Started: Oct 7 2009, 06:12 PM (2,716 Views)
Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
*The Thread Necromancer*!!!! :stalfos:
Sorry it took me a bit too long to get around to this...

Any ideas for our Zelda-themed Halloween celebration, anyone?! :stalfos: :cthulhu:

EDIT: Do you think that I should start some threads about SPOOKY characters in Zelda?!

Such as the Poe Wierdo, the Poe Sisters, Dampe, &/or the Beta OOT Graveyard?!
My Viewpoints

"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Terra Branford
Member Avatar
Officially retired
Admin
I'm not one for Halloween, but you could make posts in THIS thread about the "spooky" characters in the series. Feel free to do that here. Just... try not to spread it all over the place, yeah?
I'm officially retired from beta testing, and resign my duties to those who have the time to do it.

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Since the forum seems to be dead without duke, and so the projects (anybody out there... :huh: ) I welcome every bullshit ;)

Posted Image

MadHatter
Member Avatar
Oracle
My countdown of top 10 spookiest characters in the Zelda series:

10. Lenzo The Pictographer from Wind Waker. What is he hiding? And why does he need dirt on every citizen on the island? He's clearly up to no good.

9. Skullkids. All I have to say is "Everyone that goes there becomes lost. They all become Stalfos. Everyone, Stalfos."

8. The Gorman Brothers from Majora's Mask. These guys are sinister. Seriously sinister.

7. Old school Iron Knuckles (when you have no throwing-sword). They're mean, and they breed like roaches in the dungeon depths. The only way to kill them is to get them in the back or sides. Only problem: they move almost completely erratically. Modern Iron Knuckles are a joke in comparison. The real modern equivalent is palace guards that you have to sneak around. (And a tie for 5th place: Ceiling masters, and floor masters. Out from nowhere...)

6. Like-likes. You think you're going to slip past them, but it never works. As soon as the tail-end of your cloak touches them, BAM! Shield is gone. (Special mention here as it's tied for 6th: Gannon-shaped overworld shadows in The Adventure of Link. You always think you can outrun them. You're always wrong.)

5. Ooccoos from Twilight Princess. What the heck are these guys? They live in a land of MC Escher, they look like harpies, and they mainly look dead.

4. Re-deads. I'm not even going to go into it, but there's got to be laws against what they do to young Link...

3. The Happy Mask-salesman in Majora's Mask. He seems all nice and friendly, but doesn't he seem a little overly smiley? Why? He goes completely psycho on you at one point.

2. The Miniboss of Shadow-Temple in Ocarina of Time. This is like Ooccoo if Ooccoo had 20 rotting arms, a re-dead's freezing scream, and wanted to EAT you.

and the number 1 most spooky character from the Legend of Zelda Series...

1. The MOON in Majora's Mask!!! That's by far the creepiest thing in any Zelda ever. I love it!

Am I missing anything?

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Yes, tingle - he's the most spooky character (=>

Posted Image

coinilius
Member Avatar
Pickled in time, like gherkins in a jar
Majora's Mask in general was full of spooky elements.

I'm surprised there aren't more LoZ halloween costumes available - I just did a quick check on google and couldn't really come up with anything that weren't homemade.
"You must be talking about Heaven... or the moon."

"It's a dog eat dog world... and there's not enough dog to go around."

Posted Image

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
Thanks for all the feedback, guys...

I'm surprised no-one mentioned the Theresa/Poe Sisters, the "Poe Wierdo", &/or Dampe...

Now *THOSE WERE SOME SPOOKY CHARACTERS!!* :stalfos:

Dampe was especially SPOOKY in the ADULT HALF OF THE GAME...
My Viewpoints

"Nothing you can say will ever convince me that the Zelda, Link & Impa of OOTURA, ALTTPGBA, SC2, BSLOZ, & OOX are different characters, or that Link isn't part Kokiri, FOR SOME Zelda Universes and that the mangas aren't canon FOR SOME alternate realities."

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
Who's your FAVORITE SPOOKY CHARACTER(S) IN ZELDA?!

Mine are the Poe Sisters & Dampe... :stalfos:
My Viewpoints

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Where'd that Princess go?
Admin
Do enemies count?
I'd say the Re-deads, no contest.
Posted Image

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
Duke Serkol,Oct 31 2009
10:58 PM
Do enemies count?
I'd say the Re-deads, no contest.

^SECONDED!!^ ;) Now *THOSE* were some *SPOOKY CHARACTERS*... :stalfos:

& yes, I realize this is a bit late for Halloween & all, but still... *YAWNS*...

Can we count the The Mexican Day of the Dead, &/or other similar holidays?!
My Viewpoints

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Admin
Crap, I forgot...
in my post I meant to specify OoT's Redeads. The ones in TWW don't hold a candle to them.
Also... how could I forget DeadHand? That was by far the creepiest boss in the series.

And you know, I really wonder if we'll ever get any creepier than OoT in Zelda. TP tried, but I don't really think Arbiter's Ground can come even close to the bottom of the well and the shadow temple.

No objections to the extra two days of festivities from me ^^
Posted Image

MadHatter
Member Avatar
Oracle
Oh I didn't realize DeadHand had a name. I had to google it actually. But yeah he was my #2 most scary creature in Zelda (posted up above)...

I think the creepiest Zelda as a whole, though, was Majora's Mask. It's also probably my favorite. Twilight Princess tried, but it just wasn't really very creepy...

Duke Serkol
Member Avatar
Admin
I never understood why people always say MM was the darkest Zelda. To me it seemed rather silly, especially compared to the parts of OoT I already mentioned.

...of course then that might be because whenever MM gets so much as mentioned in passing the first thing that comes to my mind is the memory of me face palming as the game requires of me to fight aliens with a bow.
Posted Image

coinilius
Member Avatar
Pickled in time, like gherkins in a jar
You know, I never took the alien scene as actually meaning they were aliens, just that they were Poe type spooky ghost creatures that were a big joke on the whole aliens abducting cows idea, so it never really seemed out of place or jarring to me (especially since MM has quite a quirky sense of humour to it).
"You must be talking about Heaven... or the moon."

"It's a dog eat dog world... and there's not enough dog to go around."

Posted Image

Tuf Pic
Member Avatar
This discussion reminds me of a "Scooby-Doo: Where Are You?" episode with a
Spoiler: click to toggle

It turned out to be just another villian in a costume though... How typical for Scooby-Doo: Where Are You... :duh:

Spoiler: click to toggle
My Viewpoints

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Legend of Zelda Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply