Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Voice actors: APPLY HERE
Topic Started: Oct 14 2012, 06:52 AM (5,720 Views)
SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
Ever wanted to be a voice actor in a Zelda game? Well now might be your chance! The fan localization for BS The Legend of Zelda: Inishie no Sekiban (unofficially known as Ancient Stone Tablets) has been completed, and we now need the help of volunteers to record a 4-hour radio program necessary to restore the full gameplay experience of the original game!

Wondering if you have the right voice for the task? Here is the list of characters:

Posted Image STILL AVAILABLE
Aginah: Brother of Sahasrahla, this old man was a minor character in A Link to the Past but makes a big comeback as the main guide throughout this game. He's not as wise as his brother and has gambling issues, but he has a great heart and is always resourceful.

Posted Image The fortune-teller will be played by Onay "Alexonay" Rodríguez Pérez.
Fortune-teller: Hired by Aginah to help the protagonist, this helpful man with the catchphrase "hocus pocus" is always deep in thoughts and is able to see in the near future and make startling predictions up to the very second they will occur. Talks in a deep and echo-y voice.

Posted Image The narrator will be played by Thomas "SkyeWelse" Liebert.
Narrator: Male voice. Explains the story and the controls. Need to be able to switch between serious for story and lively for instructions.

Soldier: An overexcited young man that has the safety of princess Zelda as his top priority. Loyal, but not too bright.

Zelda: The princess from A Link to the Past makes a comeback as a helpful companion. Main traits includes tormenting visions, boldly running into danger and crying for help.

Note: The above descriptions are based on the original Japanese voice acting, but different interpretations of a character are also welcome!

Think you have what it takes? Please select a quote or two from the script and post a demo in this thread!

Guidelines for samples:
- Don't add any special effects to your raw voice.
- Don't send WAV files if possible, they waste a lot of space. I recommend FLAC compression instead.
- Try to have optimal recording conditions when recording your sample. It's not a requirement for the sample itself, but it's obviously a plus since a FM radio quality is expected from the final product.
- If you can't attach your sample directly in the forums, just upload it on a file sharing service and post the link. I recommend DepositFiles.

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers
Offline Profile Goto Top

SkyeWelse
Member Avatar
Child of Destiny
Nice! Glad to see that the BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets is moving along so nicely to where a voice acting project can now be inserted. : )

I haven't posted in awhile, but I still follow the email list for updates on this project. I was the guy who made this awhile back.

I'd like to at least audition for a part if there are some parts still available. I just did the character of Lefance for the recently completed Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys dubbing project.

Is there a script or sample lines being used for each character. That might be the easiest way to determine whether a voice will fit for a specific character.

Also glad to see that the game is now called "Inishie" instead of "Kodai". I had mentioned that awhile back when I was more active here, but it didn't seem to gain much traction at the time. lol

-Thomas
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Welcome on board B)
As for the text, follow the link Smash has given in his first post:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/sekibanvot1.shtml

If you start the video, you'll hear the original japanese and the translated text will be displayed in a comment speech bubble. This way you can listen to the original and can try to imitate the English translation. As soon Duke has updated with the script, you can use this instead of the video (though I dunno know how long further he needs with the update).

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

SkyeWelse
Member Avatar
Child of Destiny
Ah thanks, I didn't see Smash's link for the script there when I first read through it.

I'll check it out.

-Thomas
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alexonay
Member Avatar
Hero Hatchling
Here's my voice as the Fortune Teller :)

By the way I attached the file to the post, but I don't see it in the message, is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Thanks for your interest ^_^

Seems like something goes wrong... there can be two possibilities:
1, wrong format
2, too big (max file size is around 1 MB or so despite it says 7 MB). Are you able to upload the file to a temporary hoster (rapidshare or whatever can be used)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
try to zip it. Otherwise use wav (at least this worked for me). Or you really use a rapidshare and give the url...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
send it per mail to me: con.s@gmx.de

I'll try to upload it then.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alexonay
Member Avatar
Hero Hatchling
Con,Oct 14 2012
11:58 PM
send it per mail to me: con.s@gmx.de

I'll try to upload it then.

Thanks a lot. I'll send it to you by email.
Thanks again :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
:rotflmho:

I like your creative interpretation ^_^ You get a 100% "yes" from me, though a little bit less echoes may fit better ;)

I also could not attach the file so I uploaded it on our site host.
I'll check the invisionfree admin control panel to see if I can make that larger files possible.
Here's the link to your voice sample:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/...ne%20Teller.ogg

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

KiddoCabbusses
Member Avatar
The overly enthused BS-X nerd.
Are there any particular guidelines for things such as audio quality and whatnot currently?

I don't necessarily want to throw my money at a condenser microphone if I don't have to... lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Quote:

Are there any particular guidelines for things such as audio quality and whatnot currently?

I don't necessarily want to throw my money at a condenser microphone if I don't have to... lol.

I'd suggest you make a record and send it to see whether it is sufficient for SM pedantism :P (Maybe I should take the part as fortune teller now to forecast a manfred von karma pic)

Quote:

When I recorded it I was unsure which version to post (the echoed one or the clean one), but since the character's description says Fortune Teller's voice has echoes, I decided to post the the echoed one in order to stay as close as the character's personification.
You think it should have less echoes, ok, I agree, I'll make a version with less echoes.
Thanks 

Ok, you can send it to me again or to SmashManiac (he's the head of this project). As for file size restrictions I have bad news:
http://www.invisionfree.com/disk_space/
We only have 16 MB and somehow are at 19 MB yet. But I still can upload files <100 kb.
So maybe it is best if any people who upload voice samples
- make it smaller than 100 kb (what hopefully works)
- upload it on rapidshare, megaupload
- send it to SmashManiac: can you provide your e-mail address?

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
can somebody see my last post? I can only see it by using the reply option O_o

Edit:
Something is really wrong with this thread/forum. Now I can see this post, but not the next with the new upload of the cleaned fortune teller by alexonay :(

If you have the same problems, use the reply button and my last message will show up in the list of the recent post (after scrolling down).

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Here's the cleaned fortune teller by Alexonay without echoes:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/...eller_clean.ogg

But I think a little bit echo is great (the first version was only little too much for my taste ;) )

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Alexonay
Member Avatar
Hero Hatchling
Yes, it looks like the thread/forum is having problems, the last post won't show up until the reply button is used.

Here is my voice sample as the fortune teller:

- Original Clean Sample:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/...eller_clean.ogg

- Version with echoes:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/...ne%20Teller.ogg

Thanks to Con for the help with the files.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Help · Next Topic »
Locked Topic