Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Optional patches don't work?
Topic Started: Dec 24 2017, 01:19 PM (94 Views)
Franpa
Embarked on a Quest
I downloaded Map 1 http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/zips/lincalibur.zip and used LunarIPS to apply all the optional patches but in SNES9x v1.555 x64 for Windows the game still respawns enemies on a screen I've cleared whenever I move to an adjacent screen and then return.

Do I have to create a brand new save file (SRM) for the patch changes to work?

This forum also has a significant amount of fluro green font on bright (often green) backgrounds which is extremely hard to read.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
If you don't like the forum's skin, you can change it under "My Controls".

As for your actual question, I'm not sure myself, but I recommend testing with clear SRAM to see what happens. If that doesn't work, we would need additional information to reproduce the problem, although I can't guarantee a fix since development is pretty much dead right now.

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers

Franpa
Embarked on a Quest
There's Invision Blue and Custom Skin forum themes, they both look the same to me. I also meant Snes9x v1.55 not v1.555. I've yet to test a clear SRAM file.

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
I just checked bslink with applying all the patches, and the respawn patch worked.

No idea what you possibly done wrong (or if anything is wrong with the code), or if the srm you use prevent it (shouldn't). I recommend, taking a second, fresh rom in another folder - with the patch applied or another save slot and test it.

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply