Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to BS Zelda. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weird problem with week 4 bosses *spoilers
Topic Started: Jan 6 2018, 10:10 PM (63 Views)
pharvey89
Embarked on a Quest
I just completed the game using snes9x on retropie. while playing through the week 4 rom, I had trouble beating Trinexx. I found that I could only damage the blue head with the ice rod and the red head with the cane of somaria. using the opposite rods did nothing. Then when I fought Ganon I found the silver arrows doing no damage in the final sequence (when he turns blue), but I could damage him with the fire rod.

I could not find any information about this problem. I tested both the official rom as well as the with the msu patch applied with the same result.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
Welcome to the forums pharvey89 and thanks for the bug report! Could you please provide the following information?
- Can you reproduce the issue on a different emulator/platform combination using the same save data? If so, could you share the save data with us?
- Can you reproduce the issue on the same emulator/platform you've been using but from a blank save data again?
- Can you give us a checksum/hash of your episode 4 ROM just to make sure it's not corrupted?

By the way, this issue reminds me of this other Ganon corruption bug that we could never reproduce.

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
Second SM:s message, we had one time trouble with Ganon, and the user played also on an exotic emulator as far I remember. I wasted much time reproducing this bug and failed.

Just to ensure, I just played w4, official with snes9x and all worked fine.

For now I consider your bug report as a scarce phenonem where I am unable to help. But indeed there seems like something weired is going on with the boss byte values, but I do not know what.

Posted Image

pharvey89
Embarked on a Quest
So I tested the save file on the Windows version of snes9x and it produced the same issue.

I also tried it with zsnes on my Linux computer, but it would not recognize my save file so I started a new save. There were no problems on zsnes.

I tried again with snes9x on Retropie with a fresh save, and everything worked fine. I guess my save file became corrupted somehow.

I attached the save file that had the issue.

SmashManiac
Member Avatar
Legend
pharvey89, can you tell us if you restarted an episode multiple times before stumbling on this issue?

Conn,Jan 7 2018
12:40 PM
we had one time trouble with Ganon, and the user played also on an exotic emulator as far I remember

Nope, darianlinx's issue was on real hardware. The unusual part was that it was played on a New-Style SNES instead of the original model.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: bszelda_ast4.srm (8 KB)

Posted Image

The BIG List of Randomizers

pharvey89
Embarked on a Quest
I restarted once on week 2, and I used a save state a couple times to leave the game.

Conn
Member Avatar
We call it life
Admin
I checked your srm, and could neither load it on zsnes nor Geiger Debugger, so it is not possible for me to trace your bug.

I too think that your emulator somehow corrupted the srm causing the problems. I remember address mapping problems reported also on snes9x 1.55 (fixed in the meanwhile), which made bszelda AST unplayable in first versions.
I think the sram is somehow mapped wrong in Retropie, mapping is in generall difficult for BSZelda (oversized 4 MB rom, BS-X ram mapped). If you insist to play it on your snes9x version, you must contact the Retropie authors, I think.

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bug reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply