Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Darktalon Underground. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board (although we are allowing you to view the Shoutbox) and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
CC-01 Fall of the Forest of Feelings; Caring Cousins - Episode One
Topic Started: Dec 14 2017, 12:54 PM (17 Views)
Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Caring Cousins

After a series of cloud quakes, the Forest of Feelings and all of their residents crash into a temperate island within a National Forest's lake where a forest ranger's son and his friends assist the cousins to adjust to their new life on Earth.

Caring Cousins
Care Bears concept by American Greetings

Episode One: Fall of the Forest of Feelings
Written by Darrel Vanwinkle (Lord Pouchlaw @ The Legacy/Fanfic Hero)
May 21st, 2017

Chapter One: Catch a Falling Coon.

Rocky Ridge, Missouri near Lewis Lake; late 1980s.

Care Bear Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1; Who's that comin' from somewhere up in the sky? Moving fast and bright as a firefly; Just when you think the trouble's gonna pounce; Who's gonna be there when it really counts? Do the Care Bear Countdown; And send a wish out through the air; Just do the Care Bear Countdown; When you need them, they'll be there; Don't be afraid when clouds are brewin' in your heart; If you can dream just send a wish out in the dark; And do the Care Bear Countdown; 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

At the Wynde residence, the family was watching TV in the living room as the cartoon show on at the moment was the Care Bears Family. Eleven year old Jackson Davis would get up early, do his morning chores before breakfast and then he would sit and watch the Care Bears on TV in hopes of seeing his favorite cousin, Noble Heart Horse. One of the rarest seen cousins in the franchise was almost never in any of the episodes. He was sometimes shown in the opening sequence along side True Heart Bear. In truth, Jackson liked all of the cousins in one way or another. On this particular morning, however, the local TV station pre-empted the TV show for an emergency weather bulletin.

"The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warning for the following counties..." and the list included their county.

Jackson said, "I guess No Heart found a way to make sure the Care Bears cannot be seen today. Where's a caring cousin when you really need one? I wish I was a Caring Cousin like them."

Ranger David Wynde said, "If wishes were horses, then we would all be grain. And if Dreams were like cookies, then we would all be insane. Come on Jackson, let's get the family and portable radio into the storm cellar. And hope your friends and their families are doing the same thing."

Moments later, the family were securely in the storm cellar which had its own generator for emergency power. Ada Zelma remarked, "Good thing the older children are all off at college."

Hall of Hearts, Care-a-lot; Cloud Kingdom of Caring.

"HOLD ON TO SOMETHING, TENDERHEART!" shouted Champ Bear. "THIS CLOUD QUAKE FEELS WORSE THAN THE LAST ONE!"

Tenderheart Bear while holding on to the Caring Meter's base exclaimed, "I just wish I knew what was causing these cloud quakes! The caring meter isn't moving downward! So at least it isn't because people are no longer caring!"

True Heart Bear and Forest Friend Bear then arrived in a cloud car. "Get in guys!" exclaimed True Heart. "We have bad news; All of the Forest of Feelings and the Legacy Islands broke away from Care-a-lot! Even the Maelstrom broke loose and fell to the Earth below becoming a massive tornado!"

Champ Bear grabbed Tenderheart and made a leap for the cloud car. "What about No Heart's castle? Is it being shaken like the rest of the cloud kingdoms are?"

True Heart replied, "His castle broke loose at the same time the other lands broke away from the main cloud. We were able to hear him shouting that if he got his hands on Beastly, every bone in his worthless body would be broken."

Tenderheart fastened his seat belt and said, "Then that means that Beastly somehow caused these cloud quakes. What are we going to do about the Hall of Hearts and the Caring Meter, True Heart? If Care-a-lot gets hit by another quake, then the Great Hall and the Meter are toast."

True Heart pulled out what looked like a gun with a containment box attached to it and she pointed it at the Hall of Hearts and pulled the trigger. A grey beam enveloped he Great Hall and it vanished from sight. Then she pointed the gun at the Caring Meter and did it again. "All stored away for restoration later. Now to get the rest of Care-a-lot Village."

But before she could make with the action, the next quake hit and the entire village was destroyed! "OH NO!" All four exclaimed when they saw the destruction and the rest of the cloud kingdom broke and split into separate clouds. "We need to get out of here and go catch up with the Forest of Feelings!" And True Heart turned her cloud car and flew it off in the direction of the Cousin's Forest.

The Forest of Feelings; Cloud Kingdom of Caring.

Brave Heart Lion had all of the Caring Cousins sitting close to him in a circle in the middle of the closest clearing they could find. Most of their chunk of cloud land had already tipped up on its side and every care cousin was trying not to go flailing off of the edge. And then it happened, Bright Heart Raccoon lost his grip and he fell down the landscape toward the edge and over he went toward the Earth below! "BRAAAAVE HEARRRRT!!!!" was the last they heard from the coon as he vanished over the side of the cloud.

Further down below, within the Wynde's storm cellar, Jackson heard the coon's familiar cry of "SOMEONE HELP ME!" which made the boy leap up and make a break for the storm cellar door as he bolted outside and into the open backyard. He grabbed the family trampoline and pulled it into the nearby open field, made easier since the wooden fence was shattered when the tornado blew through it earlier. Glancing up, he saw the falling purple coon and he quickly pulled the trampoline directly under Bright Heart's landing zone.

"AIM FOR THE TRAMPOLINE, BRIGHT HEART!" shouted Jackson as he stood to the side of the trampoline. But then Jackson saw that the coon was going to miss the trampoline so he ran over and placed himself directly under Bright Heart and... He caught the purple coon in his arms and found himself on the ground while holding the coon in his aching arms. "Ow! But I caught you, Bright Heart! I am so glad to meet a Care Cousin finally!"

Bright Heart turned to see who his rescuer was as he smiled and hugged the boy in return! "Not as glad as I am that you rescued me! I owe you anything you want from now on!"

End of Chapter One.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Two: Part Time Cousin.

"My name is Jackson Davis Wynde and there is something I have always wanted to try. I have always wanted to try out being a Caring Cousin like you and your friends in the Forest of Feelings. But I think we should wait on that until we make sure your friends are okay. I always thought you guys could make balloons and cloud cars with your tummy symbols. How come you didn't do that?"

Bright Heart replied, "I tried to several times but my tummy symbol isn't working for some reason. I guess whatever broke the Kingdom of Caring also broke our powers."

Looking toward the sky, Jackson said, "Is that the Forest of Feelings descending down at a slanted angle?"

Bright Heart glanced up to look at what Jackson was referring to. "That's it all right! But from the way it is coming down... Tell me, Jackson! What is over in that direction where the forest cloud is coming down?"

Jackson replied, "That's the Lewis Lake road side park where my dad has an office. He's a forest ranger; mom is a doctor. Come on, I'll take you over to the park where the lake is. There is an island in the lake where my friends and I sometimes go camping on the weekends." While still holding the purple coon in his arms, Jackson took off at a run across the neighbor's grazing field and then he darted through an open gate, crossed the highway and then he entered the roadside park where they arrived just in time to see the cloud mass with the Forest of Feelings and the Legacy Islands collide with the weekend camping island in the middle of the lake. "It hit the camping island! We have to get out there and check on your friends! There is a row boat parked just under the ranger's cabin! My friends and I use it on the weekends!" And he headed off still carrying the caring coon cousin.

Pulling the row boat out from under the ranger's cabin and getting into it, the boy gave Bright Heart a kiss before setting him down and then he grabbed the oars and started paddling the boat off toward the island which still had 'Cloud Kingdom' clouds dissipating and evaporating from around the edges. Perhaps the most fantastic feature of the scene before them was the fact that the Rainbow River was pouring down out of the sky and purifying the lake waters as it mixed with the lake itself. Another effect was that a rainbow had formed over the transformed camping island. Jackson pulled his row boat into a small inlet where the kid's dock was still intact at. "Its amazing that the dock out here survived the collision with the Forest of Feelings." After making sure that the boat was tethered to the dock, Jackson picked up the caring coon and said, "Okay, Let's go find your friends. I sure hope they are okay."

Walking through the transformed island was very mind blowing for Jackson because it was as if they were walking through the Forest of Feelings here on Earth instead of being in the sky kingdoms. Jackson then said, "Oh great wishing star... Please help us to find Bright Heart's friends and help us to restore their powers. Despite their now being here on Earth, they still have a mission in their lives to help young people. Once a Caring Agent, Always a Caring Agent. And I hope Bright Heart allows me to try out being a Caring Cousin like him and his friends. Even if it were only part time."

Bright Heart smiled at Jackson. "You mean like a transformation during times of need to change into the cousin identity? That sounds like a great idea. I am getting ready to raise my voice so brace yourself." And then he took a deep breath as he shouted, "BRAVE HEART! LOTSA HEART! PLAYFUL HEART! COZY HEART! PROUD HEART! LOYAL HEART! TREAT HEART! GENTLE HEART! SWIFT HEART! NOBLE HEART! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS! I'D EVEN SETTLE FOR THE SCARE CORE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!"

Suddenly stepping out from one side of the two from where he had been in the bushes was what looked like a dark colored duck the size of Bright Heart himself. He was wearing a black cape with an internal red lining much like Dracula. "We're doomed, Bright Heart. But it will get better, I hope. I like how your new boy looks. Permit me to introduce myself, kid... I am Doom Heart Duck, the Scare Core Cousin of despair and disaster. However, even with all that, I can always see the silver lining beyond the black clouds. And I love children. I just got finished patching up Cozy Heart from a bruise she had sustained when she bounced off the ground at where ever we are now. Brighty, how come our tummy symbols aren't working?"

Bright Heart replied, "I think it is because the Ley Line of Caring snapped when Forest of Feelings broke away from the main Care-a-lot Kingdom Cloud. Repairing that Ley Line would restore our powers. This is Jackson Davis Wynde; he caught me when I fell off the cloud. He prevented me from becoming a cousin variety pancake. He saved my life."

Jackson suddenly said, "I would lend you guys my heart power if that could help you guys get your powers back. My mom says that we should give blood when people really need it."

Doom Heart smiled. "You found a good one, Bright Heart. There is something we could try although I am not sure how long it would last. Since you are willing to share blood, we could arrange a transfusion of Caring Energy between the boy and the rest of us. The trade off might temporarily give us some of our powers back but it could also grant Jackson with Cousin powers of his own. My suggestion is not without risks. Having no powers is doom itself; but your offer is the silver lining. Are you game to help us?"

The boy replied, "I would do anything to help the Cousins, Doomy. Um... its okay if I call you Doomy, isn't it?"

Doom Heart smiled as he rolled the nickname around in his head. "That has a nice sound to it. Come on into my lair and we will see about blood sharing."

As they cleared the thick bushes, they arrived within what looked like a man made tunnel constructed of smooth stone blocks. "This way, Jackson. This will be the first time I have ever had a human inside my Scare Core Fortress. Bright Heart has been part way into the tunnel once before; but he hasn't ever seen the whole place."

A short while later they emerged in what looked like a dimly lit medical lab. "We're here, guys," said Doom Heart. "Are you sure you want to try out being a Care Cousin, Jackson? The reason I ask is because none of the cousins wear any clothes and since that is a major rule among the cousins, you cannot wear anything either if you joined them. But if you really want to be one like them, then take off your clothes and show us what you look like underneath." When he noticed the boy hadn't started yet, he said, "You aren't afraid, are you?"

The boy set the coon down as he sat down and started unlacing his shoes. "No, I am not afraid, Doomy; I just don't want any girls to see me naked. And before you say that there are no girls around here, Cozy Heart is a girl. I can trust Brighty and you since you are both guys. I will show you two, but please don't make too big a fuss over my tattoo that I had put on my stomach. My mom threw a fit when I went off and had it done without her knowledge. But its what I wanted so it was too late after the fact." And he removed the rest of his clothes.

End of Chapter Two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Three: Oh Ley.

Standing in the nude was Jackson Davis Wynde. He had medium length dark brown hair, hazel eyes and fair skin save for the colorful tattoo tummy symbol he had on his stomach. It had the appearance of a large red heart in the background with a representation of Noble Heart Horse held one side of the heart, while a dark brown unicorn stallion with a dark red mane and tail held the other side of the heart; their hands in the foreground were reached out in front of the heart and they were holding a silver cloven horseshoe. The unicorn's twisted horn and cloven hooves were black. His undercoat from his muzzle down his neck and chest to just under his tail was a darker tan in coloration.

Doom Heart slowly approached the boy and lowered his head to look at the tattoo closely. "That is definitely Noble Heart Horse on the left; but how did you get the picture of Dream Heart Unicorn of the Legacies? We haven't seen him since he committed suicide after he threw himself into the Maelstrom."

Jackson replied, "The tattoo artist made the unicorn look like that. After I described how I wanted the tattoo to look, he created this. He did ask me if I wanted the unicorn to have any particular look and I said, Be unique; make it however you want. Like a lost legacy with a second chance. When he was done, I had this tattoo and I paid him. Later when my parents went to find him at his shop, they asked me if I gave them the right directions and the tattoo artists' entire shop was gone. Even though I identified landmarks in the area before reaching the spot where the shop had been, it was only an open lot when my parents went to speak to this artist. I had been at the parlor at night; it was day time when my parents went to find this guy. Other merchants in the area said that after my visit to the shop, the tattoo artist just up and left town while somehow taking the shop with him."

Bright Heart looked a bit disturbed. "Are you sure that is who the unicorn on the tattoo is, Doom Heart? I remember people in the forest talking about his suicide afterward."

Doom Heart turned to look at the coon for a moment. "Look at it yourself. I have to get the transfusion equipment ready." And then the duck rubbed one hand over the boy's butt before walking into the next room. "His ass feels so smooth..."

Bright Heart came around to the front and he now looked at the tattoo for himself. "Oh my gosh! It really is Dream Heart Unicorn!" Whomever the unicorn was that both the duck and the coon was recognizing in the tattoo must have been a powerful lost legacy and for the boy to end up with his profile within his tattoo was not likely a coincidence. "Don't worry about that right now, Jackson. Would you like to hold me again? I sorta like it when you are holding me like that."

Jackson then whispered to the purple coon. "Doomy rubbed a hand over my butt before he went into the other room. I don't mind the regular cousins touching me back there, but the duck freaks me out. I am still willing to help the cousins get their powers back though."

Bright Heart replied quietly, "Doomy is the only Scare Core Cousin who is good enough to be trusted. If the duck freaks you out then the other Scare Core Cousins would have you crapping your drawers and crying for mommy."

"Okay Bright Heart!" exclaimed Doom Heart Duck. "Bring Jackson into the main lab! I have the Energy Transference Stage all set up!"

The purple coon then led the naked boy into the next room where they saw circular platforms with mystical symbols all over them. There was a large crystal suspended just above the collection of stage platforms. "Doom Heart? Is that a Ley Crystal? And why is it so dark?"

Doom Heart Duck replied, "It sure is. Get up on separate stage platforms; both of you. As for the crystal. It is one that I promised Noble Heart Horse that I would never use unless we needed his help desperately. And I can't think of a more desperate time than now. Can you, Bright Heart?"

Bright Heart replied, "You are right, Doom Heart. Its okay, Jackson. Doomy is about to summon Noble Heart Horse. You said he was your favorite cousin, didn't you?"

Jackson climbed up on an empty platform stage and stood there. "He almost never appears in the TV shows. True Heart has appeared a bunch of times, but when you try to find Noble Heart... good luck if you can find him outside of the animated movies at all. What do I do now, Doom Heart?"

Once Bright Heart was on a stage of his own, Doom Heart got on to the third stage closest to the control panel where he pulled a lever and coiled tubes connected to the Ley Crystal uncoiled down to each occupant. "Grab those tubes with the Wrist Bracers and put it on your arms. I'll be doing the same. Let me know when you are ready." The duck then grabbed his and clamped it around his upper arm. Jackson watched to see how the duck did it and he did the same for his. Bright Heart was a little unsure about all of this, but he did the same as well.

"We're ready, Doomy!" The two exclaimed toward the duck.

Doom Heart then activated the device which ran from a solar battery so the duck always had power. "Ole' my friends! Care Bear Cousins! Call!"

The transference device charged up and sent a beam of solar energy into the Dark Ley Crystal which them fired black heart shaped beams of fluorescent light down upon the duck, the coon and the boy causing their tummy symbols to glow massively. Jackson's tattoo stopped being a tattoo at that point as it became real as the Noble Heart portion of the tattoo vanished and the Dream Heart portion faded as its energy enveloped Jackson's body entirely. The body felt pain all over his body at that point causing him to buckle down upon his knees on the stage platform. He felt a sharp pain in his forehead and a similar pain in his feet and tail bone.

And then at the door of the fortress chamber stood Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear as they fired off their care stares directly into the Ley Crystal which caused its coloration to change from black to white and the energy beams that were flowing out become colorful heart energy. But the damage had been done as Jackson slowly continued to transform into an all new Dream Heart Unicorn as he lay sprawled out on his own empowerment stage. "I told you not to use this crystal, Doom Heart!" exclaimed Noble Heart Horse. "Turn off the Energy Transference Machine right now!" But even as the violet grey and white horse cousin said these words, the last of the boy's transformation occurred; as his twisted black horn and black cloven hooves formed in place of his feet. And his dark red mane and tail grew out. As Doom Heart was deactivating the machine, Noble Heart said, "Dream Heart Unicorn? Here? But how?"

End of Chapter Three.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Four: Dreams Come True.

Bright Heart exclaimed toward the new Unicorn Cousin, "Jackson! Are you okay?"

Dream Heart slowly lifted his unicorn like head panting raggedly. "I think so. I was hurting all over, Bright Heart. What happened? Did you get your tummy symbol powers back? What about you, Doom Heart? Um... why do I have the feeling that a girl is looking at me?"

True Heart walked over to the side of Jackson's stage. "Because I am looking at you, Dream Heart. But don't worry, nothing private is showing. Would you like me to fetch you a robe?"

Dream Heart blushed as a tear came to his eye. He was really consciously concerned about being naked in front of any girl. "My name is Jackson Davis Wynde from Rocky Ridge, Missouri. That's the city nearby to this road side recreational lake where the Forest of Feelings crash landed upon the camping island in the middle of the lake. I caught Bright Heart when he fell off of the cloud land and he offered me anything I wanted from then on because I saved his life. Ack! What's wrong with my face?" He then saw his hands. "I'm covered in fur."

True Heart glanced toward Noble Heart. "This boy will need your help, honey. I need to go make sure the other Cousins and Legacies rode out the crash okay. Besides, I think Jackson is embarrassed over being naked in front of any female; not just human girls." And she departed the chamber.

Jackson sighed. "She's right. I do not want to be naked in front of girls. My mother doesn't count."

Noble Heart now approached the boy turned legacy unicorn. "I hope your transformation is not a permanent one. Your parents will likely want you to come home tonight as a human. You did a good thing by saving Bright Heart. He is the smartest cousin in the whole forest. You know, you might be able to change yourself back to normal by utilizing Dream Heart's powers and abilities. Magic Heart Macaw was almost as powerful as he was."

Jackson as Dream said, "So Legacies are hundreds of times more powerful than the Care Bears and Care Bear Cousins, you're saying?"

The Patriarch of the Cousins replied, "I used to be a Legacy myself until I was recruited to do the Care Bears Movie II. So technically I am not a true cousin. True Heart and I are both Legacies. We happen to be living Ley Energy beings of Love and Caring. And this isn't my true form either, Jackson. This is the form I wear when I am dealing with the Cousins and Care Bears. My true form is more the shape and size of Rainbow Brite's Starlight or even Sara's Wildfire. I am sure I look cute in my current form."

"Cute isn't the word I was thinking of, Noble Heart," remarked Jackson. "The word I was thinking of was buddy as in a chance to be your friend. You have always been my most favorite Care character on TV or in the movies. Of course, as a human I do like holding Bright Heart in my arms. Your Legacy form is a lot larger?"

The caring horse replied, "Larger but the same colors. At the moment, you have a lot in common with Wildfire. Dark colors and such. But I can see the power aura emanating from your spiraled horn. Therefore, I think what we should do at this point is try teaching you the powers and abilities that Dream Heart had when we last saw him."

Bright Heart then said, "Lotsa Heart once mentioned there being a female unicorn in the Forest of Feelings called Cindy. She could have been a visitor from Pony Land from Lotsa's description. I recall that Dream Heart once mentioned that his use of both travel magic and reality altering magic (or wish magic) was actually stronger than any of his other magical powers."

"Reality altering would include the form change power," stated Noble Heart Horse. "which is exactly what Jackson really needs right now. Of course, perhaps we should contact Jackson's father to let him know what happened to him so they don't send out the cavalry when he doesn't come home on time."

Dream Heart aka Jackson said, "My Motorola Flip Phone is in my jeans pocket and my jeans are in the chamber where Doom Heart suggested that I get undressed at, so I only wore as much as a Care Bear Cousin would." He then gave out his father's phone number. While the caring purple coon went and retrieved Jackson's clothes, shoes and phone, Jackson said to Noble Heart, "I would love to see your larger true form one of these days."

Noble Heart replied, "Since I am your favorite, I will see to it that you get to see my other form. And as an extra word of warning, Jackson... in my other form, I am bisexual. But when I am in my Caring Cousin identity, I am straight. Among the animal kingdom, most animals are open minded by preference and only prudish if trained to be that way by humans."

Bright Heart whom having missed that conversation by being out of the room returned with Jackson's clothes. He then handed the phone over to Noble Heart as he said, "It is ringing."

Ranger Wynde speaking.

"Mr. Wynde? This is Noble Heart Horse. Your son is over on the island with the rest of us and he may be late in coming home."

Did he get changed into a Care Bear Cousin? That has always been his fondest wish. You are his absolute favorite in the Nelvana series. We can do without him for a few days if it takes that long, Noble Heart. I will assume you are using Jackson's phone.

"Yessir, Ranger Wynde. And you nailed it on all fronts. His getting changed was an accident; we are trying to effect his ability to change back to normal. Thank you for being so understanding. Also, the Care Bear Cousins will likely be taking over Camping Island since the Forest of Feelings collided with it during the fall out of the Caring Kingdom."

As long as Jackson gets to sleep at your side, Noble Heart; I know he will be happy. Thanks for calling. I have more work to do here on the mainland. And he ended the call.

Noble Heart laughed for a bit before looking at Jackson and the others. "Your father was very reasonable. He said we could keep you for as long as we needed you."

End of Chapter Four.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Five: Friendship Restored.

Jackson's camping friends were a boy named Janus Draken, a Spanish boy named Freddy Masterson and a black girl named Belinda Hartwell. He was spending some time with them in Rocky Ridge a few days later having barely gotten restored to his human form. Being able to use his Dream Heart Unicorn powers in his human form was wilder than his wanting to be a Care Bear Cousin. Occasionally he would hear Noble Heart Horse and Bright Heart Raccoon in his mind from afar.

"That's right, guys," Jackson was saying over a game of Foos Ball, "The Caring Legacies live separately from the Care Bears and the Cousins. They tend to aim toward an older audience and they also tend to speak their minds."

Janus said, "I am still having problems believing that they crashed into our camping island. And that permanent rainbow effect over the whole lake makes the road side park look so pretty, too. Did Noble Heart say what they would be doing with their free time at the road side park?"

Jackson said, "He said that they might help out the forest Rangers in keeping the park clean and nice for visitors. They were trying to get Cousin Town built when I left."

Belinda said with a smile. "Perhaps we could take them a caring package of food and drinks out to them this weekend. Didn't you say you were going to have to head back out there this weekend, Jackson?"

"That is what I said. Noble Heart wants me to help him with a few things." What Jackson wasn't saying was that Noble Heart was going to be training him in how to use a few more of his unicorn powers and abilities. Changing forms ended up being fun and educational especially when he found out that clothing makes the change with your body. "The caring package sounds like a great idea."

Freddy said, "Are we still going to be able to go out there this weekend?"

"Why wouldn't we be able to?" replied Jackson. "They haven't taken over the whole island."

"Oh there you are, Jackson!" Standing to one side was Lotsa Heart Elephant smiling. "Noble Heart told me that I should ask you about tools, nails and building supplies. Are these guys your friends?"

Jackson introduced his friends by name to the elephant. "I never thought you cousins would come over to the mainland during the rebuild at the lake island."

Lotsa Heart said, "Noble Heart told me that if you wanted to come help us right now, that would be perfectly all right. We need help getting everything just right. And that's the truth." The female elephant made a trumpeting sound with her trunk. "Cousin Town is being expanded to become Caring Town since the rest of the Care Bears lost their homes the same as we did."

Jackson looked to his friends. "They need our help right now, guys. No need to wait for the weekend."

Belinda said, "Then let us get the supplies together and go help the Care Bear Family."

As the three of Jackson's friends headed off to get the supplies, Lotsa Heart pulled Jackson closer to herself and quietly said, "Noble Heart thought that maybe your reality altering powers could remake the town even faster. Which means that we need Dream Heart. Have you told your friends yet that you can change into a Legacy?"

Jackson replied, "I've been afraid to. I can trust Belinda to be calm about it, but my two other friends, Freddy and Janus, might start making weird wishes."

Lotsa Heart smiled. "You are not a genie, Jackson. You don't have to grant every wish you overhear someone make. Wish Bear had to learn that for herself back when she first started helping out the rest of the family. You are your own person. Not to mention... Bright Heart loves you a lot. And that's the truth."

Jackson blushed as he gave Lotsa Heart a nice hug. "Then I should tell my friends that I have this great power. But you watch the reactions of my male friends after they learn what I can do. As I said, I can trust Belinda to be calm about it."

Lotsa Heart replied, "They wouldn't be your friends if you didn't trust them. Now let's go meet your friends at the boat.

Jackson asked, "If we have the boat on the mainland, then how did you get ashore?"

Lotsa Heart smiled. "With the return of our powers, Rainbow Bear was able to make a temporary rainbow bridge from the island to the mainland. After I made the crossing, the bridge crumbled. Noble Heart thinks that it is because we are not back up to full power as yet. We have enough Caring Power to sustain ourselves but we need to recharge to make our effects permanent as they were before the cloud quakes. That is why we need your Dream Heart assistance."

Later, at the boat Jackson proceeded to explain to his friends that he had been gifted with the power to transform into a Caring Cousin much like Noble Heart Horse and the others. And how his power seemed to be the ability to alter reality as well as to use other magical spells. As warned, Lotsa Heart noted that the boys did start suggesting selfish minor wishes while Belinda remained quiet for a bit.

"Rather than to make Jackson use up his power on small things, guys," started Belinda. "Perhaps he would use his energy better to solve the problem that the Care Bears and Cousins are currently suffering from. If the quakes had not occurred, then Care-a-lot and the Forest of Feelings would still be in the sky."

Lotsa Heart then remarked, "You know, there might be a way to grant that request without using Jackson's powers."

End of Chapter Five.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Six: If I Could Turn Back Time.

Once their group had arrived on the island where Noble Heart Horse was waiting on them to get there, Jackson fluidly transformed from his human form back into Dream Heart Unicorn. Lotsa Heart then explained the newest idea to Noble Heart whom waited to hear the whole idea before making a comment.

Noble Heart said, "Yes; but that would require that we can contact the tiger of time. Last we heard, he was receiving training to become a time agent from Timeon and Epoch in 540 A.D. Timeon is a time phoenix deity while Epoch is a Draconian High Priest to the dragon god of time, Chronus. I wonder how Pony Land, Dar-Shan and Rainbow Land fared through the cloud quakes? I know we hadn't seen Wildfire's son since a few days before the cloud quakes started." He then looked to everyone. "Let's head to the Hall of Hearts! We can send a message to Times Heart Tiger from that location!"

At the rebuilt Hall of Hearts, Noble Heart had Dream Heart focus his spiraled horn powers directly into what looked like a crystal which was embedded into the center of a old world clock mechanism. As the unicorn was doing this, Noble Heart fired off his belly badge into the crystal as well. "Come in Timeon! This is Noble Heart Horse speaking! We have an emergency need for Times Heart Tiger back in Care-a-lot which has been destroyed!"

The voice that replied was generous and understanding, "This is Timeon, Noble Heart. Times Heart only recently graduated from his time agent training. We will send him to your location right now."

Materializing just off to the right hand side of Noble Heart Horse was a feline Caring Cousin shaped Legacy who stood a few inches taller than Brave Heart Lion. The male tiger was about as tall as Dream Heart Unicorn with a lanky although athletic build and a long feline tail. Overall he was orange with black stripes all over his body. His undercoat was a creamy off-white and in the center of his tummy was a belly badge that appeared to be an hourglass with a functioning digital clock in the top portion while animated sand slowly trickled down through the center endlessly. There was a large red heart in the background next to a Doctor Who styled Tardis phone booth. Otherwise the tiger was wearing a futuristic styled time agent's uniform that was open around his belly to permit his caring symbol to be seen publicly. Civily, he wore nice uniform slacks with a tool apron in the front and a tabard cloak in the back that extended down to his ankles.

Times Heart looked at Noble Heart and said, "Give me the story in as much detail as you can muster, Noble Heart! Times Heart, Tiger Legacy of Time, is now on duty!"

Noble Heart then explained the entire story, Beastly's supposed involvement, Jackson's rescue of Bright Heart, their encounter with Doom Heart, Jackson's transformation into the new Dream heart Unicorn, how the entire Forest of feeling was now in the middle of this lake just outside of Jackson's home town on Earth and how the entire caring family was trying to recharge their powers.

Times Heart said, "Dream Heart, I am going to need your help. The rest of you should stay here for now. And for the record, all of my friends call me Timesy."

"I'm not sure I want my name shortened to a cute sounding nickname. I prefer to be called Jackson but every time I've been in this form, everyone calls me Dream Heart. What do you want me to do, Timesy?"

Timesy replied, "There is still time to repair this damage provided that we fix this before three days pass here in the present day time. When we get into the past, Dream Heart, I mean Jackson, sorry... we need to locate where Beastly caused the damage from and then hide the damage machine. We then replace it with a machine that will punish Beastly but good. He will never want to go near the place ever again. Next stop: The Tower of Time, three days ago!" He placed one arm around Jackson's waist and held on tight as he activated his powers. At that moment, the other teenagers could swear they were hearing the musician Cher singing a song as the tow disappeared. "If I could turn back time... I would find a way... to take back those words I used to hurt you... today..."

Times Heart and Dream Heart materialized within the upstairs portion of a shrine dedicated to time itself. Once they had arrived there, the tiger showed Jackson a magical mirror he had for locating things within the present time if it existed. "Show us the location of the Cloud Quake Machine, please." Within the mirror's image, the image of Cold Heart Castle came into view. Timesy growled, "I know where that is! Come on, Dream Heart! We got work to do if we are to save Care-a-lot and the Forest of Feelings!"

Arriving at the castle a day and a half before Beastly, they searched the castle before finding the horrible machine with a tarp over the top of it. Removing the tarp, Timesy said, "Use your powers to make a copy of this machine and then after we move the copy closer to the courtyard, I want you to create a false wall over the entrance to where the real machine is. Next up, use your powers to alter the quake machine to do the following humility to whomever activates the machine..." And with a sly bad boy grin, the tiger described a true humiliating result to the unicorn especially if it happened to Beastly which it would because his curiosity would make him activate the device.

With the false wall in place and a copy of the machine in the open, Times Heart placed a sign on the machine which read, 'Anti-Caring Humilifier: Guaranteed to make fuzzy wuzzies lose the ability to care about anyone because they would be more concerned about themselves.' Times Heart then carefully placed the tarp over the new machine before transporting himself and Dream Heart back to the Tower of Time where the mirror was reactivated so they could watch the chaos that was about to unfold.

Before Beastly could arrive, Jackson asked, "If we stop the quake machine and we save Care-a-lot, will I lose my powers and the ability to be a Caring Cousin? I really wanted to be like you guys even if for only part time."

Times Heart replied, "I shouldn't do this, Jackson, but this is the dust of the Great Wishing Star." He then filled a glass full of water and he mixed in the wishing dust as one would Kool-Aid drink mix and then he handed the drink to Jackson. "Make your wish, then drink this entirely. You will feel a tingling sensation all over your body and then when we save Care-a-lot, you will get to keep your powers. You may pass out when you drink this stuff. Oh look, Beastly just arrived! This should be good!"

Beastly entered Cold Heart Castle and he soon found the tarp covering the machine. He pulled the tarp off and he read the sign. "No-Heart will reward me greatly if I make the Care Bears stop caring about others! Ha ha hee hee ha!" And then he activated the machine. At first, it caused a few minor castle tremors and then mechanical arms and grabber hands emerged from the device as it grabbed Beastly and lifted him up as a fur dying spray nozzle sprayed his entire body with Hot Pink dye and then the mechanical arms wrapped Beastly up in colored Ribbons and lastly, His body was doused with sticky rainbow sparkles! He was yelling for help as he fought to get away from the wicked machine.

End of Chapter Six.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Seven: Preserving the Dream.

"No!" Beastly shouted in fear. "Not me, you stupid machine! I cannot stand how I look!" And finally he broke loose from the grip as he fled from the castle screaming while making a bee line back for No-Heart's tower. Finally, the machine lifted off on built in rockets before it shot off into space and landed directly in the sun itself with cables bringing the Quake machine along with it to be destroyed as well.

Jackson felt a weird sensation before he quietly and quickly made his wish before drinking the Wish Star Dust drink entirely... And then his whole body went into shock as he fell over on the floor unconscious.

Rocky Ridge, Missouri near Lewis Lake; late 1980s.

Care Bear Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1; Who's that comin' from somewhere up in the sky? Moving fast and bright as a firefly; Just when you think the trouble's gonna pounce; Who's gonna be there when it really counts? Do the Care Bear Countdown; And send a wish out through the air; Just do the Care Bear Countdown; When you need them, they'll be there; Don't be afraid when clouds are brewin' in your heart; If you can dream just send a wish out in the dark; And do the Care Bear Countdown; 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

At the Wynde residence, the family was watching TV in the living room as the cartoon show on at the moment was the Care Bears Family. Eleven year old Jackson Davis would get up early, do his morning chores before breakfast and then he would sit and watch the Care Bears on TV in hopes of seeing his favorite cousin, Noble Heart Horse. One of the rarest seen cousins in the franchise was almost never in any of the episodes. He was sometimes shown in the opening sequence along side True Heart Bear. In truth, Jackson liked all of the cousins in one way or another. On this particular morning, however, the local TV station pre-empted the TV show for an emergency weather bulletin.

"The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm and Tornado Warning for the following counties..." and the list included their county.

Jackson said, "I guess No Heart found a way to make sure the Care Bears cannot be seen today. Where's a caring cousin when you really need one? I wish I was a Caring Cousin like them."

Ranger David Wynde said, "If wishes were horses, then we would all be grain. And if Dreams were like cookies, then we would all be insane. Come on Jackson, let's get the family and portable radio into the storm cellar. And hope your friends and their families are doing the same thing."

Moments later, the family were securely in the storm cellar which had its own generator for emergency power. Ada Zelma remarked, "Good thing the older children are all off at college."

The Forest of Feelings; Cloud Kingdom of Caring.

Brave Heart Lion had all of the Caring Cousins lined up near the outer edge of the Forest where they were battling against No-Heart who chose to try a new stunt to weaken the Care Bears by removing access to their Caring Cousins in the forest. No-Heart had just made the cloudy ground of the forest develop a few holes as the Cousins were firing off their belly badges at him. And then it happened, Bright Heart Raccoon lost his balance as he fell down through one of the holes in the landscape toward the Earth below! "BRAAAAVE HEARRRRT!!!!" was the last they heard from the coon as he vanished down the hole very rapidly.

Further down below, within the Wynde's storm cellar, Jackson heard the coon's familiar cry of "SOMEONE HELP ME!" which made the boy leap up and make a break for the storm cellar door as he bolted outside and into the open backyard. He grabbed the family trampoline and pulled it into the nearby open field, made easier since the wooden fence was shattered when the tornado blew through it earlier. Glancing up, he saw the falling purple coon and he quickly pulled the trampoline directly under Bright Heart's landing zone. "AIM FOR THE TRAMPOLINE, BRIGHT HEART!" shouted Jackson as he stood to the side of the trampoline. But then Jackson saw that the coon was going to miss the trampoline so he ran over and placed himself directly under Bright Heart and... He caught the purple coon in his arms and found himself on the ground while holding the coon in his aching arms. "Ow! But I caught you, Bright Heart! I am so glad to meet a Care Cousin finally!"

Bright Heart turned to see who his rescuer was as he smiled and hugged the boy in return! "Not as glad as I am that you rescued me! I owe you anything you want from now on!"

At that moment, both boy and coon faintly heard a lost Legacy's chosen theme music playing softly in the wind. "Stars shining bright above you; Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"; Birds singing in the sycamore trees; Dream a little dream of me; Say nighty-night and kiss me; Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me; While I'm alone and blue as can be; Dream a little dream of me; Stars fading but I linger on, dear; Still craving your kiss; I'm longing to linger till dawn dear; Just saying this; Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you; Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you; But in your dreams whatever they be; Dream a little dream of me; Stars fading but I linger on, dear; Still craving your kiss; I'm longing to linger till dawn dear; Just saying this; Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you; Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you; But in your dreams whatever they be; Dream a little dream of me."

Bright Heart suddenly said, "Dream Heart Unicorn. Where are you?"

"I live on inside this boy, Bright Heart. Take good care of him. My life essence was spent giving my gift to this boy. He will help to save the Forest of Feelings. Make sure Noble Heart and the others teach him all I should know. His friends will also be useful in his crusade. I am sorry I left the family too soon. Goodbye..."

Jackson noticed that Bright Heart had tears leaking out of his eyes. "Are you okay, Bright Heart. What was that song about. It sounded so familiar to me."

Bright Heart then lifted up Jackson's shirt and looked at the boy's tummy. "Caring Cousin Share! There!" and the purple coon fired off his caring energy directly into Jackson's tattoo which caused it to stop being a tattoo at that point as it became a belly badge in its own right upon the boy's tummy. "You are now a Caring Cousin like the rest of us! Time to go back to the Forest of Feelings and fight off No-Heart!" He then turned and created a cloud car and then they both piled into it as Bright Heart got the car flying up into the sky back toward the Forest of Feelings!

End of Chapter Seven.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lord Pouchlaw
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Chapter Eight: Dream of the Legacies.

As the Cloud Car passed through the clouds, Jackson felt that weird tingling all over his entire body as his clothes suddenly felt tight as he also experienced what felt like a dark red Unicorn tail ripping through the back of his summer shorts. His sneakers and socks fell off of his newly formed black cloven hooves. His head inflated as if what felt like an impossibility as his human head was replaced with a unicorn head with a black spiraled horn. His shirt split up the middle but thankfully his coat was made of sturdier material so he still had something covering his torso. His hair was now a dark red mane while his overall coat of fur was a darker tan.

Bright Heart landed the Cloud Car just behind where he saw Times Heart Tiger, Prince Lightstrike Cavanaugh, Doom Heart Duck, Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear all lined up just behind Brave Heart Lion's defense line. And then Bright Heart and Dream Heart joined the line up as well.

Times Heart shouted, "Caring Legacies! Sing!" And their belly badges all began to issue forth music full of love and caring energy toward No-Heart.

Bright Heart said to Jackson, "Remember the song, Jackson. I will sing it with you. a one and a two and a..." Bright Heart and Jackson began singing Dream Heart Unicorn's theme song as the others all joined in to make the music of the song stronger. They all knew the song. "Stars shining bright above you; Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"; Birds singing in the sycamore trees; Dream a little dream of me; Say nighty-night and kiss me; Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me; While I'm alone and blue as can be; Dream a little dream of me; Stars fading but I linger on, dear; Still craving your kiss; I'm longing to linger till dawn dear; Just saying this; Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you; Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you; But in your dreams whatever they be; Dream a little dream of me; Stars fading but I linger on, dear; Still craving your kiss; I'm longing to linger till dawn dear; Just saying this; Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you; Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you; But in your dreams whatever they be; Dream a little dream of me."

No-Heart suddenly felt sick to his stomach as his gaze panned out to see who had started that infernal song. And that's when he saw the unicorn looking as alive as the day he had killed himself. No-Heart's body exploded as he teleported back to his tower as fast as possible.

Times Heart Tiger turned and smiled at Jackson. "Looks like dreams do come true, eh Jackson?" He winked with a bad boy sly grin.

Jackson made a face at the tiger before nodding his new muzzle. "Yeah. But I ripped my clothes this time."

The tiger of time slyly grinned again. "You didn't wish for good clothes; you wished to be able to keep those powers. However, now that you have the form and powers back, you can use the alter reality ability to repair your clothes like new. Although there is one more thing we will need to do in regards to camping island."

"And what would that be, Timesy?" replied Jackson.

"The Forgotten Legacies would like to establish a land of their own. The archipelago has limited space and the Legacy families grow day by day. They are running out of living land to dwell upon. There is a place that is currently open but we will need your help to cultivate it so it is livable for the Legacies. There is a massive Cloud Land on the other side of the Winter Frost Mountains. In fact, it runs along the back sides of Pony Land, Dar-Shan and Rainbow Land. If we could develop that land which has good farming soil, the Legacy Continent could be re-established. I will be moving my Tower of Time to the Port City at the new Southern End of Legacy Continent. We could even establish our own version of the Hall of Hearts. Just in case an emergency happens a second time. A lot of Legacies want to make the move since it would place us closer to our allies. Now for a bonus idea, Jackson, We can even set up a magical short cut gate on Camping Island that would take those who pass through it to our port city. Are you interested?"

Bright Heart whispered, "It will be your dream come true, Jackson. Especially after you learn how to make a cloud car of your own."

Jackson smiled. "Okay Timesy. I'll do it."

Bright Heart then explained the rest of what was going on to Noble Heart and how Jackson's favorite cousin was Noble Heart himself and how the original Dream Heart Unicorn had given the last of his essence to Jackson so he could become the new Dream Heart Unicorn.

Noble Heart approached Jackson and stood up on his back hooves as he gave Jackson a hug. "Since I am your favorite, I will head up your education in your unicorn powers."

Jackson hugged Noble Heart in return. "Thanks, Noble Heart. You are a difficult Caring Cousin to locate on TV."

After giving his father a call on his Motorola Flip-Phone, he got permission to be with the Caring Cousins until the Legacy lands rebuild was complete. In the meantime, his friends would likely wonder what had happened to him.

Jackson said, "Okay everyone, time to sing again. I am sure you know this song... Care Bear Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1; Who's that comin' from somewhere up in the sky? Moving fast and bright as a firefly; Just when you think the trouble's gonna pounce; Who's gonna be there when it really counts? Do the Care Bear Countdown; And send a wish out through the air; Just do the Care Bear Countdown; When you need them, they'll be there; Don't be afraid when clouds are brewin' in your heart; If you can dream just send a wish out in the dark; And do the Care Bear Countdown; 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"

A picnic followed the Forest of Feelings repair session to repair the holes in the sky.

The non-functional magical short cut gate was set up within a duplicate of the Hall of Hearts on Camping Island before the build team went to the all new Legacy Continent to cultivate and build all of the realms for the citizens of the Forgotten Legacies. And finally, the port city was put into position last. Times Heart moved his tower of time to a small sand bar just off of the coast of the Port city where the fishing was sure to be good. The Legacy rebuild took three weeks.

Jackson made sure to call his father with an update once a week so his family didn't worry about him. Noble Heart also continued to give him lessons in unicorn powers.

End of Chapter Eight.
End of Episode One.

Stay tuned for the next episode, Scent of Justice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · KMRT - Caring Cousins · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Etavarium Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone