|Welcome to Exilian. We have moved! Any content you're looking for still exists, so don't worry. Come and join us at our new site:|
If you had an account here your user data and posts will all have been transferred, but login here to get your automated temporary password.
|FEATURES, DOWNLOAD, CREDITS... - BRYTENWALDA 1.331|
|Topic Started: Jan 26 2011, 05:18:29 PM (2,073 Views)|
|+idibil+||Jan 26 2011, 05:18:29 PM Post #1|
Mod for Warband 1.134
OFICIAL: Brytenwalda v 1.331
Download Brytenwalda 1.331
VIDEO: Brytenwalda - Scenes From the Dark Ages
-Important note: Old Savegames 1.33 compatible.
-Game Languages: english and french.
-Big and featured campaig Single Player. No multiplayer or custom battle mod. If you wish do them, you can send pm to a brytenwalda member team.
Dark Ages in British Isles are fascinating, a dismal warlike time, in which people fight for survive. A dark age with deep blend of cultures.
6th and 7th centuries were a time when invaders (Saxons, Angles and Jutes) tried hard their destiny in a new world with the steel of their swords, shields and spears. Ancient people tried to resist, while they saw how their kingdoms are defeated and conquest by those barbarians, sorrowfully saw how his belowed world slowly disappeared off the face of the earth.
Couldn't forget to talk about the Picts also, who have always inspire great interest. Or about West, other island, as complex as Britain, Ireland in which many people were fighting for a piece land, their clans, livestock and supremacy.
In short, it is a world we know a little, but that it is like a magnet for history lovers: a time of war and great deeds, where few (almost none) kings died in his bed.
ΏWhat mean Brytenwalda?
The central element in early Anglo-Saxon politics is the 'imperium' (empire) over all 'English' peoples south of the Humber which Bede ascribes in his Ecclesiastical History (ii 5) to seven kings before 671. To these seven, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle of Alfred's time attaches not only an eighth name but also a vernacular word, 'Bretwalda', or 'Brytenwalda'
Brytenwalda = Bryten - Britain and walda - ruler.
Brytenwalda, almost certainly the right form. 'Bretwalda' may be a 'ghost' word, born of a scribal slip.
A little of History: Anno Domini 636:
Edwin, King of Deira, has died some years ago, his great rival, Cadwallon ap Cadfan, king of Gwynedd, after ravaging the north with his armies, was killed by Oswald the new lord of the north, the ambitious son of Ζthelfrith and Edwin's sister, he now rules on Bernacia, Deira and Elmet.
Oswald the powerful, who has proclaimed Brytenwalda, who is willing to dispute the title?, Who is willing to confront the most powerful king in Britain?
The world is at war, only respects the law of the sword and spear. There are realms that are born and die every single day, kings die on the battle fields.
On East, the Angles, Jutes consolidate domains and claim for more land.
On South, the Saxons, led by Cynegils, have teamed up with Oswald, cornering Penda, king of the Angles de Mierce, The March. Will Mierce resist being surrounded by enemies?
King Penda is bloody and violent, many kings have been killed by his sword and promises to kill many more. He call to meet the men under his command to go to war.
Meanwhile, Christianity extending from Centware (Jute Kingdom), and it is converting the barbarians.
Pushed against the coast, the Welsh are fighting for every inch of land, but are too divided, dreaming of the return of a king to unify all and lead to the final victory, they dream with an incoming King Arthur. But Arthur is dead, and all eyes look to Cynddylan, the king of Pengwern, brave as a lion, but unable to join under his banner all the other kings.
And Gwynedd, a fertile kingdom in great warriors, is silent, unable to hear the sound of the advancing armies threatening their land. Gwynedd cry to Great Cadwallon, scourge of the Angles and Saxons, who has left a son, a King 3 year old.
In the snowy lands of the North, fight the Irish, Dal Riata, and the Picts. Their kings share blood, but the Irish are invading in land of Cait, kingdom of the Picts. The Picts, with their faces painted and their female warriors, are now united under one king and they are stronger than ever.
Across the sea, in Ireland, Domnaill mac Aedo, of Ui Neill΄s clan has emerged as High King in Temair after defeating his enemies. But it isnt more than a prestigious title that recognizes him as the most powerful of the island. Around him, clans are fighting for land, women and cattle in fratricidal wars. The war in Ireland is endemic.
Who can bring light to this world of war and misery?
The world was chaos, and chaos was war.
Support Brytenwalda on ModDB and Facebook[/size]
Brytenwalda is now on Facebook and ModDB, too!
Support us on Facebook, "like" Brytenwalda and add Brytenwalda DevTeam to your friendslist!
Write reviews about Brytenwalda and post screenshots.
We'd love to see you beeing active on our Facebook-site!
Support us on ModDB, download and rate Brytenwalda, post comments to pictures, videos and the site itself!
Upload your own screenshots and videos and be active on Brytenwalda-ModDB!
You'll also able to download Brytenwalda from ModDB now!
Edited by idibil, Jan 26 2011, 05:30:37 PM.
|+idibil+||Jan 26 2011, 05:24:57 PM Post #2|
1. -New system of character creation.
2. -New quests
4. -Cultural stores - depending on the culture you visit you will find different products in the stores.
5. -Improved faces for NPCs and, new faces for women, men, and especially, new face for picts!
6. -Talk to village elder and Guild Master in menu.You can speak Guild Master in Town Menus
7. -New (and most Warband) bandits and mercenaries.
8. -Extra renown for winning the tournament.
9. -Make people love you, hate you, or fear you with a new system of improved relations with villages.
10. -Listen to the songs of the bards.
11. - New Pictures
12.- Improved Dialogs
13.-Dramatically increasing the cost of unit upkeep.
14.- troop tree in game - (see: camp menu > take an action > Troop tree).
15-. Improved dialogs.
16-. Add new menus in reports (Factions relations, lords relations...)
17-. Add export/import npcs menu in camp menu.
18-. Full encyclopedia for you can know the VII century and gameplay if you wish. (In game: Notes menu)
19-. Tons of new art work.
20-. RELIGION SYSTEM
-You can choose your faith: Old celtic gods, Celtic Christianity, Roman Christianity or Germanic Gods.
- Depending on your faith, you can build a temple or other. You can build a temple/church for try converted to a population of a settlement.
- You can change your Religion if you talk to Bishop or Pagan Priest on Great Hall of Towns.
- You can attack to enemies of your religion like clergy parties or pagans priest parties.
- Improve income converted to people to your religion.
- Religion affect your relationships with villages and towns.
- You can try converted all Britannia and Hibernnia to your Religion!
Spoiler: click to toggle
1. -A detailed map of the British Isles (including the countries we know as England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland now), with meticulous recreation of the coasts, rivers, forests and mountains.
2. -A map almost twice the size of Native.
3. -More than 40 cities, over 75 castles and 200 villages to explore, conquer and plunder. All with historical names.
4. -New Icons for forts and villages.
Spoiler: click to toggle
1. -31 Historical Kingdoms, all specific to the year 636. A huge world to explore: With Kings, lords, ladies, bards, priests and many other characters.
2. -More than 200 historical characters to interact with, their behaviors defined according to what we know of them. Meet the Brytenwalda Oswald, his brother, Oswiu, which will give life to future Northumbria. The pious Annan, who saw his brothers die in bloody wars with Mierce; talk to the beautiful Hild, be before Santa; the widow of Edwin, and Aethelburh; the warlike King. Penda, the murderer of kings; the Bishop Binarus; Talk to King of Powys, Eluan, or the legendary Nowy Hen among others.
3. -Nearly 50 extra common npcs like clerics, bards, quastuosas, spies, shepherds.
4. -Names npcs are in Old English, Welsh, and Irish.
5. -Bounty system you can ask the tavernkeepers for wanted lists and become a famous bounty hunter!
6. Hunting system you can hunt deers and boars in the woods of Britannia and Ireland.
7. Ship Travel You can buy a ship at a Shipyard town and you can travel out to sea.
8. Expanded dialog system kit
9. Diplomacy mod add
10-. Cleric and pagans priest parties in map.
11-. Sea travel player and AI
12-. Sea Battles
13-. Random Events - some things happen...
14-. Decision events - You choose. Your decisions are important in the world of Brytenwalda.
15-. New Buildings - you can build temples (Improve Faith of your subjects), blacksmiths (more income), libraries (more renown) and merchant guilds (more prosperity) in your towns and villages.
This is a list of all Brytenwalda factions, sorted by cultures.
Spoiler: click to toggle
1. -You can enjoy breathtaking landscapes, towns and castles that will make you travel to another time. In an unknown world, where man forged himself, where the weak suffered the cruelty of the powerful, and your life depended on your ability to handle a sword or a spear.
2. -Brytenwalda will offer new scenes of spectacular beauty. Wander around the ruins of a Broch, or get to know a Saxon town, or simply watch from the walls of a Briton fort, attentive to the arrival of enemy raiders.
3. - New scene props
Pictures any Scenes:
Spoiler: click to toggle
- Dozens of new armor, weapons, clothes ... and new food...
- Unique items.
-Lots of textures for your shield, so it does not appear that all men are equal.
l-The elite of your men (and elite men of Lords) take your ensign painted on the shield. They are the cream of your armies.
- Life is expensive, as it really was. You should forget to buy your sword and horse at the first opportunity, or to have a coat of mail quickly. You will need to save a lot scyllingas (currency of the time) for any luxury (although you can always win in the bloody battlefield).
-Different size for horses
- Especial Merchants. If you have money you can buy some nobleman items.
-News horses, mule and donkeys
Spoiler: click to toggle
----> MUSIC and SOUND
1. -Improved sound system, so you can feel more immersed in the raging battle
2. -Music completely changed with new theme-fitting songs. In addition, you can request bards play medieval songs (music composed in medieval times and played on medieval instruments.)
3. -Ambient sound system: we can hear, for example, the noise in a tavern, or crickets at night.
--------> WAR SYSTEM
1. -Size of armies more in line with the reality of 7th Century warfare.
2. -Skirmish War you can create skirmish units and send them to ambush the enemy, entertain them, or prepare the ground before the battle.
3. -Reinforcements system Towns and Castles can recruit from nearby villages to restore and maintain their garrison. While you siege a Town/Castle , you can attack recruiters and prevent them from bringing reinforcements to your enemy.
4. -NPC troops/bandits can join the battles nearby.
5. -It takes less time to plunder & raze a village.
6. -You can be evil you can attack castles and towns without provocation or warning. You can attracts bandits under your flag and create your evil army.
7. -Camp Entrenchment - You can build, fortify and defend your camp.
8. -Messaging system you can hire messengers (the spy unit) and send them to Lords (right button mouse) for trade, a challenge to a duel, insults, even give gifts!
9. -Supply Wagon - You can use it to store excess loot. Loot will automatically be added to the supply wagon after a battle. If you assign an NPC to command the supply wagon, you can send it to a town of your choice to sell any loot or prisoners you don't want.
10-Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
11-. If you have clerics and follow women in your party, you can rise morale.
12-. Inventory access on sieges.
13-. Bodyguard system - When you're powerful, you'll need a bodyguard to protect you wherever you go. Your most faithful.
14-. Town Recruitment noblemen and others troops.
Edited by idibil, Jan 26 2011, 05:28:52 PM.
|+idibil+||Jan 26 2011, 05:29:23 PM Post #3|
1. -Battle System features improved morale, training, historical weight of weapons, realistic speeds and many other things. It is more difficult to defeat the enemy now, you must think offensively, try win his flank
2. -Realistic Tactics and formations system with: Scildweall (shieldwall), ranks, square, and Wedge formations. Give orders to your troops integrate with key F4.
3. -Improved AI: Enemy armies meet your manoeuvers, when they defend, they seek the hills, and when they attack, their men will position themselves more effectively. Also, you can order your lords follow you and they wont run off when they see enemy troops.
4. -All units are new, with new troop trees for culture, equipped according to the age and their status.
5. -Battle skills: You can use Battlecry (key U) and Warcry (key in battles. With these you can boost the morale of your men and terrorize your enemies.
6. -Improved Auto-Calculation Battles: When simulating battles some troops get advantages. Mounted troops get bonuses on plain ground, infantry gains an advantage in woods while archers get a penalty. It is more difficult to kill elite troops.
7. -Wound system: If you fall in a battle, you can be wounded. There are many different injuries, from the mild to those that make you lose skill points.
8. -Enormous Battlefields (up to 4 times normal in some cases), so you can enjoy more of the battle and develop your tactics properly.
9. -Bridge Battles: you and your troops will fight the enemy on a bridge if you were near a bridge on the world map.
10.-Weapon breaking - your weapon can break in battle now!
11-. -Add Christian Cleric and pagans priest in battles.
12-.- Musician (horn) and bearers
13-. -Realism Causalities system.
14-. Shield Bash
15-. Orders system: Formations ordes, Skirmish mode, and Weapon type switch.
16-. Realism penalties/advantages for any items
17-. Shield Bash.
18-. Critical hits - If you (or AI) are lucky, you can do critical hits to your enemies.
19-. Dodge: with high atletics you (or AI) can dodge attacks.
Spoiler: click to toggle
----> RECRUIT SYSTEM, LOOTING and PRISIONERS
1. -Reputation System: Limited party system based on your reputation. Your charisma and your leadership will help to attract men, but they will be at the mercy of your reputation. Higher reputation means more men will follow your flag.
2. -Recruiting from villages is now affected by persuasion.
3. -Each rank of persuasion increases the amount of supplies villagers bring out when you force them to give you supplies.
4. -Each rank of looting increases amount of loot you get for raiding villages.
5. -Each rank of looting increases the number of cattle you steal by 1
6. -Prisoner management skill of the player reduces escape chances.
7. -Ability to persuade prisoners to join you at the moment of capture.
8. -You can set free or murder your prisioners.
9. -The selling price of prisoners is according to their quality.
10. -Active salt mine, you can visit and work in the mine or put your prisoners there to work for you.
11.- New system of Forcible recruitment: You need most troop but villages hate you? no problem, you can force them to give you men who serve in your army.
1. -Imprisoned lords escape far less often.
2. -Relations with Lords change faster. You may fall in well with them, or they will hate you to death for any insult and betrayal that you make (although it seems small!)
3. -You can give troops to ally Lords.
4. -Ability to kill Lords permanently in-game if you have taken them prisioner.
5. -Specially, unique, dialogs with some lords and kings.
Spoiler: click to toggle
1. -An easy to read GUI to conveniently manage your companions.
2. -Nearly 35 possible companions.
3. -You can try to flirt with your companions - yes, now you can know them more intimately, but you have to earn their trust (You can try to flirt with others npcs also!)
|+idibil+||Jan 26 2011, 05:30:00 PM Post #4|
The list of credits is long (The community around Mount & Blade is awesome. Without you, Brytenwalda not have been possible), may be I forgot someone, if you isnt here, send a pm to Idibil and you will be add.
On the other hand, we have asked all the permissions to authors who required it, someone may have changed his mind, if you're here and you dont want to be, send pm to Idibil and you will be deleted and your work removed from Brytenwalda.
Obi Juan Kenobi
Obi Juan Kenovi
Thanks to Kolba and Songs of Taliesin team (Morcant, TheWitcher, Rathos, Pagan, Narf of Picklestink, Roland, bjorne, Somairle, Spongly, Andeg, Markus II and Recidivist) for allowing to we use their models and icons in Brytenwalda, and give us a space in them forum, help us as much as possible and more, them advise and they be here You are great!
Dudro Creator of the original map on which was expanded and we built the world of Brytenwalda
Tempered - Ranger Company and Camp Entrenchment, Messaging system, Challenge Lords to duels for honor and renown, Supply Wagon for the player, Peasant relations effect game play.
Waihti scripting Diplomacy mod.
Hessuu - Recruiter Kit
Zaitenko y Lopez de Rojas for Reinforcements System
Chel Battle skills warcry and battlecry
Mordachai y Leprechaun - New, extended Prisoner Chat
Arch3r- Open Source: Terrain advantage
MartinF - Duel Kit
Geoffrey Ashe - Talk to village elder and Bandit bribery script
Rubik troop tree system, the script to sell all prisoners and others.
Jedediah Q - Companions Overview
Raowyn and Magelord a lot of small scripts.
Chel and NCrawler Wound system
Rubik - Restauration script, Better strategy AI on following and besieging for AI lords
Dunde new system PJ Creator.
Arch3r -Bridge Battles
Highlander Hunting system
Mirathei, Jubal, Lumos, James and Jik shipyards, ship travel and battles.
Kt0 Screen Territories
Keedo Bounty quest, basic script seduce, salt mine script and prisioner work
Baron Conrad and Cruger Weapon breaking
jrider - Expanded dialog system kit and some presentations
xenoargh - realism casualties, Fancy Damage system
Cimo - rider damage script
MadVader - deathcam
xenoargh and Sinisterius - Shield Bash
Ruthven - Sea Battles and basic idea for sea travel.
Sword of Damocles Team - Basic code for Random Events and Faith System.
Garnier and Somebody - Basic code for towns recruitment.
Objetos, banners, faces, armor, weapons
Stoned Dude modelling
OSP Helmets pack Team (Luigi, Njiekovic, Ursca, Ubberdorc, Mirathei, Raz, The Pope, TRC, Dindi)
Dain Ironfoot modelling
Sibylla modelling and faces
LOTR weapons Pack gandalf tunic
Trongar texture pack
Kapt Torbjorn, YellowMosquito and MarkQuinn (and community) new banners
SendMeSmile new pony.
wanderer949 - new horses
neil_v - blood textures
CpJoker - Water textures
Yamabusi - modeler and texturer monk items.
Careless - art work escape screen.
MUSIC AND SOUNDS:
Genial sound track of Adorno
Checkmaty battle rounds
And these groups and persons for let we use them work:
zero-project (Autumn prelude and Irish wedding)
La Gueta La Runa (Vαmonos baillar )
Christian Brassy (Cantigas)
Celtic Chill (Beyond The Mist )
Deiedra (Sean Ryan Polka (live in the pub))
william elmore (soul journey, river daughter and here comes the rain )
DU Concert Band (Spring Concert '08: Folk Wisdom)
Jik thanks you for your guide.
CLAN DEL CUERVO - Recreation group have help we with historical advisors, weapons testing, and living this mod. http://www.clandelcuervo.com/
|Jubal||Jan 27 2011, 09:32:11 PM Post #5|
|Looks great. Good luck, and welcome to Exilian!|
|I am Jubal the modder, Jubal the wayfarer, Jubal the admin. And I have come to you now, at the turning of the tide...|
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Brytenwalda · Next Topic »|